Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

@AlessFitbit wrote:

@Bcassaro @Spin0620 @Taxitai @RobertHouston Hello! I know you're all anxiously waiting to update your Blaze trackers. This firmware roll out did begin on October 18th and is slowly being released. You should all see the update become available inside the Fitbit app in the coming weeks. I will update this thread when the firmware has been released for a full 100% of users to make it very clear that everyone should update

@Kc6385 Hi, there! The only changes included in this update are the ones listed in my post above. You bring up a good point and I'd like to direct you to my update in this Blaze post here. This is currently the only information I have available on the topic. 

Thanks for making us aware of the current state and situation, we appreciate this.  However, being that there is a known bug (which is quote normal) and that a fix is being released, why suppress the rollout of the fit? Can the load-balancer and web services not keep up with the download demand? 

Best Answer

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I just got this update today. So it was a really staged rollout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While it is awesome that we are still getting updates on the Blaze, this really is a disappointing update. There's nothing to it. Nothing.

Fitbit, gotta give us something to chew on here. Stability improvements and security updates are necessary, but really boring. Couldn't you at least throw in a couple of watch faces or something?!

Best Answer

The firmware was cross-loaded and installed on the tracker device fine, but the app hung up in some weird sync loop after it was over. I had to force-stop the app, clear the app's cache (7.85Mb worth!), and restart it. All seems to be fine so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ran the firmware update on my Blaze and the relax stuff has vanished telling me to sync with the app - I have and there is still nothing on my watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got the new firmware update and unfortunately it didn't fix the notifications with the Samsung S8! Grrr 😠 never buying a fitbit again!

Best Answer

Sounds like it's not worth it.

Best Answer

@Bcassaro wrote:

Sounds like it's not worth it.

This release includes bug fixes, stability improvements, and an important security update. Just because it doesn't have some shiny new front-end user feature doesn't mean it isn't "worth it".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone else posted that post firmware upgrade that notification on an S8 are still not operating. Being that I have the same issue, it seems that the present upgrade nay not be worth it assuming this is the case.

Best Answer

Didn't fix my notification issue on my S8  😔

Best Answer

For most of August and beginning of September my notifications weren't working. They randomly started working again and have mostly been flawless. Also battery life went back to normal are about 3-4 days then randomly a couple weeks ago my Blaze would barely last 48hrs, notifications still perfect. Just did FW update, notifications still working, hoping battery life extends farther than 48hrs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't update via the app or the computer.  It starts and says it's in progress but then says it loses connection to the Blaze.  Since syncing has been glitchy for months I'm guessing that might be why.  I have most recent app, battery charged, restarted Blaze, restarted phone, etc...  Just won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since updating, my heart rate will not sync. I made sure it's still on under settings. The light turns on as well, but its not recording into the app. Any insight on this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am stil NOT receiving notifications for my text and Facebook messenger  on my blaze after the update!!!! I am still only getting call notifications. I am so upset with this issue!! This has been over a month! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to sync turning off the WiFi and using the bluetooth only.........
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried updating yesterday afternoon and now I am completely shut down, I charged all night and still nothing this morning.  HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking for HELP. I just did the Firmware upgrade today. When completed, the Heart Rate monitor prompted stopped working. How do I fix this Bug in the new Firmware?  Can I I back to the old Firmware?  Looking for Help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not sync with WiFi on, only Bluetooth and Location as required. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate monitor is still not working following the latest Firmware update. The green lights commonly seen underneath and no longer “on” at all. The heart monitor is completely inoperable following the Firmware update. My heart rate monitor worked fantastically PRIOR to the Firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes