Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I am just installing the updated firmware. Hoping to see good things from this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Folks, IF you were able to get the firmware to update completely on the tracker, i.e. the tracker's screen itself was able to go through the install and restarted itself, but you're having problems with the app notifications and syncing, go to your phone's app settings, Force Close the FitBit app, clear the app's cache, and restart the app. Go into your device settings, make sure the "All-Day Sync" setting is on, the "Heart Rate" is set to "Auto", and the "Always Connected" setting is on. See if that clears up your heart rate reporting and sync issues.

If you HAVEN'T been able to get the firmware to update, do a hard reset (hold left and lower right buttons for 10secs until the FitBit logo comes back on), put the tracker in its recharging cradle, make sure it is FULLY charged and then -- while leaving the tracker in the charger -- try the firmware update again.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help. The heart rate monitor still does not  function. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate monitor is still not working following the latest Firmware update. The green lights commonly seen underneath and no longer “on” at all. My heart rate monitor worked fantastically PRIOR to the Firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LWW-2017 wrote:

This did not help. The heart rate monitor still does not  function. 

It's not reporting on the tracker, or the data is not syncing to the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working for me... So it syncs to my dashboard, I can see I real time but it's not recording to be able to track in the app when I click on the icon on my dashboard. The last date recorded is Wednesday. No stats after

@Remmy700P wrote:

Folks, IF you were able to get the firmware to update completely on the tracker, i.e. the tracker's screen itself was able to go through the install and restarted itself, but you're having problems with the app notifications and syncing, go to your phone's app settings, Force Close the FitBit app, clear the app's cache, and restart the app. Go into your device settings, make sure the "All-Day Sync" setting is on, the "Heart Rate" is set to "Auto", and the "Always Connected" setting is on. See if that clears up your heart rate reporting and sync issues.

If you HAVEN'T been able to get the firmware to update, do a hard reset (hold left and lower right buttons for 10secs until the FitBit logo comes back on), put the tracker in its recharging cradle, make sure it is FULLY charged and then -- while leaving the tracker in the charger -- try the firmware update again.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@neyser85 wrote:

Still not working for me... So it syncs to my dashboard, I can see I real time but it's not recording to be able to track in the app when I click on the icon on my dashboard. The last date recorded is Wednesday. No stats after

Did you clear the app's cache and restart it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is reporting on the tracker itself. You look at the underneath side of the Blaze and the green lights never turn on.   The heart rate monitor feature no longer works. 

Best Answer

Still have not gotten the release... when will it happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have. When I go to my activity screen, it shows on there, but it doesn't show within the heart rate section itself. Capture+_2017-10-27-21-55-05.png

Capture+_2017-10-27-21-54-14.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Blaze firmware on 10/26 with no issues. It took about 10 minutes using my Nexus 5X (Oreo) over my secured home WiFi with both the phone and Blaze near fully charged. After more than 24 hours, I don't see any issues. The issues due to Android Fitbit app updates and the upgrade to Oreo are still there. I didn't expect the firmware update to fix them.

This has been one of the better firmware updates that I have seen for the Blaze, Surge, and One.

Have a Terrific day!

Best Answer

How do you clear the apps caches? I have an iPhone and can not figure it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated and now I can't swipe left/ right and the home button is not working to get back to the clock face????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding the heart rate monitor following the latest Firmware update, I did a hard reset (hold left and lower right buttons for 10secs until the FitBit logo comes back on), and it brought the heart rate monitor back to life!!  So far so good. 

Best Answer

Got the update notification yesterday so I updated my Blaze. Now it won't sync to my phone since updating. It just says Check Fitbit App if I try do a exercise. It doesn't even sync regularly.. Sorry, Should of read more before post.. Thanks for the info!Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update to the new firmware version with my fit bit blaze through my Samsung galaxy s8 and now I do not get notifications. I have unpaired and uninstalled the program a few times now.   Everything else works. I can still change backgrounds  but notifications and music controls are gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No notifications here either on the S8 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this firmware update my Blaze will not hold a charge over a 24 hour period. I have reset the device and went through the trouble shootings for device not charging.

Pretty disappointed that a firmware update might of created a major glitch.

Best Answer

Day 3 since I did the firmware upgrade. No issues so far. Notifications come through from my Pixel XL. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate is tracking now but the date of the update is not on there not even with a 0. The date is completely missing... Very odd. But is working now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes