Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I keep being told to download the update but when I attempt to do so it comes up with an error message. "The operation couldn't be completed.(com.fitbit.HTTP error 0.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

All sorted!! I had to not only restart my fitbit but also turn my phone off and relog into the fitbit app. Then everything went smoothly. Yay!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. I wish they told us to do all of that when they provided the updated Firmware. Ha!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I had the same problem after the update and this solved it for me, too.

Best Answer

Maybe it is a coincidence but since latest Blaze update and also app update I am unable to see fitbit exercise info transferred to my fitness pal app and more recently my aria information is not being transferred to my dashboard. What should be three interconnected systems are not speaking to each other. All working just not speaking to each other.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had to dump the cache and data for my fitbit app, hard restart my blaze, then when i logged back in it asked for me to allow the fitbit app to access my location. Seemed to work, i know that was done in the past, not sure why it didnt prompt for me again.

We will see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to this firmware this morning and today my phone battery has drained faster than it ever has before to the point where it's nearly dead before 6pm. The only thing I have done different is this update. Android battery stats shows that fitbit is using a huge amount of battery. I even rebooted my phone and killed the app but it is still doing it. It's using so much power it's causing my phone to get hot!

This isn't acceptable and needs fixing immediately. I'm going to have to disable the app until it's fixed if this continues.

Best Answer

My husband has a surge and his is doing that same thing, had him turn off all day sync and always on AND he had to charge it all the way. It actually took about 3 hours to charge to full. Its last about 30 hours now but nothing like before. I am going to have him try a hard reset tonight and see if that helps like it did mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Blaze with the new firmware and now the screen display looks like Poltergeist!  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to you delete the cache? I seen a few people say they have did this and it worked. I have tried everything including call customer service and still no luck! I am super annoyed with it! I feel like a paid all kinds of money for a “watch!”

Best Answer

On Android go into settings --> Apps --> Click Find Fitbit --> click Force Stop --> then yes to the pop up -->Click Storage --> Clear data & Clear Cache.

Then you will need to log  back into the app and sync.

There is no easy way on the iPhone as far as i know. Either you have to delete the cache for everything not just for one app. but i can post some links if people need them.

Best Answer

Go figure. I have an iPhone 6s Plus! Lol  thank you very much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone so I would appreciate if you could post details of how to empty the cache. Out of curiosity do you know what the consequences will be of emptying all app caches.

Best Answer

Updated to Version 17.8.402.1 without any issues EXCEPT that my battery lasts no longer than 5-6 hours without going flat (red lining). It used to last for a complete 24 hours at least. I have tried everything aside from switching the Blaze completely off! I want to roll back! Help me to restore my battery life please!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mrspearl,

Best suggestion is a hard reset. Hold the left and lower right buttons for about 15 seconds, until the logo appears.

I hope this helps and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andywhy, I haven't had the issue on my Nexus 5X. However, I have read that restarting the phone has fixed the phone power drain for others.

I hope this helps and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

no update on my blaze no option to update been having trouble with heart rate monitor as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! My charge, even after charging overnight, goes to blinking-red in 3 hours. Today I had it charged fully at 11AM, my fibit was blinking-red by 1:30PM

Best Answer
0 Votes

How come still have no Traditional Chinese (Big 5) notification display support in this update??
I bought the Blaze 2 years ago, experienced few updates, still no this supporting!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do this update and now my Fitbit won’t come on. Lights are flashing on back but no screen. I have put it into charger. Tried rebooting it. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes