Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

@PaulaM2202

Me too.

I asked google.

Below you will find the short steps you have to take in order to restart your tracker:
  1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
Best Answer
Hi

Thanks

Was doing that but wasn’t working. Then put it in the strap and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Got the update, no problem using my Galaxy S8 for it.  I was hoping that this update would fix the inability of my Blaze to receive notifications from my S8 but nope, no fix.  Yeah, I know, your engineers are working on that.  Still no resolution?  It's been a long time.  I'm about ready to buy a Chicom eBay replacement band and go back to my Surge.  I get all my S8 notifications on it perfectly.  Please don't tell me to go through all the troubleshooting steps again with my Blaze.  After about 10 tries I've given up until Fitbit decides to fix what's broken with the communication between the Blaze and the S8.

Best Answer

Hi AlessFitbit,

I updated the new firmware few days ago. Now, I am having problems with my sync and battery life. Before the update, I had around 5 days battery life and had no issue to sync with my Samsung S7. Now I have to charge it everyday and I had not synced with my phone for several days. Is there a way to go back to the old version?

Best Answer
Thank you. I went to chat in fitbit help and learned how to reset it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe, like a phone when it's searching for service, that the Blaze is exhibiting terrible battery life because it's constantly searching to sync, pair or properly communicate with your mobile devices.  Sync is VERY slow (has to go through it's cycle three to four times with my S8 before it syncs) and it won't fully pair with my S8 at all.  My battery, at most, lasts 2 days.  Unacceptable.

Best Answer

Hey there @lapriesterOur team has thoroughly investigated this Bluetooth connection issue between Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. After our investigation, we can confirm that Samsung will need to release an update to have this resolved. Your patience is really appreciated. You can learn more about it by checking the main thread

Regarding the battery issue you're experiencing, try to restart it and make sure you're fully charging it. Keep monitoring your Blaze, after this. 

Hey @liubd! Currently, it's not possible to go back to older firmware versions. However, I would like you to try the following troubleshooting: restart your tracker and make sure it's been fully charged. Regarding your Blaze not syncing for a few days, please try this procedure

I'm glad to hear that our chat team helped you @Mrspearl! 🙂 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've restarted and restarted over and over and charged for two days or
more. Once on my wrist it lasts no more than two days and sometimes less.
Even with everything I can turn off, off. I can charge both my Blaze and
Surge at the same time, set them on my desk and the Blaze is dead in two
days and my old Surge lasts at least two days longer. Pretty sad.
Best Answer
Re battery issue. I have done the restart and fully charged battery into "green" zone. Made no difference! Battery only lasts between 5 to 7 hrs whereas before the update it lasted over 24hrs.
For information. Fully charged before sleep starting 23:30 approx. Worn overnight, on waking 8am approx Blaze has turned off. On charging  shows stopped recording sleep after 6.42am. as does heart monitor. All day sync set off, notifications set off, heart set auto.
These are my standard settings used over the last year and worked fine until latest upgrade!
Please investigate and fix. There's a bug in your software like it or not!

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Mine just did the same yesterday 😏 I started the update with a full charge! Still won’t do anything!

Best Answer

I just did this with my Blaze and now have it charging, Thanks. I hope the charge lasts longer than a few hours 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

After I installed the latest firmware version: 17.8.402.1, my Silent Alarm has been very weak. Before this new firmware was released my Silent Alarm woke me up immediately, but now I sleep through it.

Please advise of a resolution as the Silent Alarm is basically useless now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having updated my Blaze,on Friday I have had no heart rate readings since that time and the battery life has reduced to about 12 hours, even with most things switched off.  Quick view is switched off but the "watch" still wakes up every time I move my wrist.  Something is wrong with this update, please fix it and tell us when that is going to happen.

Best Answer

So no new features of any significance, but several users reporting a significant loss of battery life. 

I think I'll hold for now, but thanks all the same Fitbit. 

Best Answer

The update went fine for me. Battery life is unaffected and everything works perfectly! I'm on a Motorola DROID Turbo, by the way.

Sounds like a common thread is BT connection failures (which would be the cause of the battery drain...) on Samsung devices. That's a problem with Samsung's implementation of updated/security-patched Bluetooth, not FitBit's issue, and I've been seeing this complaint all over the place. To drop this squarely at the feet of FitBit is a trite premature.

Best Answer

If Fitbit would read this then maybe this is a clue why i believe this is a firmware issue.

I reset my blaze, drained it (4 hours) then put it on charge. It took 45 minutes for it to reach 100%.

I do not believe the batteries are dead, it is the reporting that is an issue.

Either it is not fully chargin or it is shutting down way before battery is actually drained.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it went well for you, however, the heart rate is not being picked up on the Blaze itself even though the green lights are on.  So something else is not working.  I am working on ios and the BT link appears to be fine.  As it worked fine up until the moment I updated the firm ware (as can be seen on the app as the heart rate disappears from that precise moment) I would still suggest that there is a glitch for a large number of users.  See threads in other areas.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I had noticed a firmware update for my Blaze the other day, so I updated it, and all seemed to work well. All was not as it seemed. The update installed properly and everything seems to be ok, with one exception...  my Blaze no longer communicates with my app on a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Marshmallow. I sit here constantly pressing the sync button and it just fails continuously. I am not getting any updates from apps or anything else. 

I can see both Blaze Bluetooth links in my Bluetooth list as I have always seen them. The regular Blaze and the Blaze Classic. 

I tried deleting everything related to Fitbit from the bluetooth thingy, and tried to let it all refresh and both the Blaze Bluetooth were discovered successfully.  The Blaze Classic is now bold unlike before and after a couple attempts it synced. That was the first and last time since the update. 

My Flex 2 syncs regularly and without problem, it' just the Blaze that has become useless since the update. Even the recent software update did nothing to help. And to add salt to the wound, the clock has been losing time and is useless to wear as a watch.

Basically, the firmware update has made my Blaze totally useless, and if I could revert back to the previous firmware, I would, after all,  it worked well until the latest firmware update broke it.

Is this a common issue? Is this being addressed? Is there anything I can do to fix it? 

Right now I am unhappy with my Blaze, and I hope it can be fixed ASAP. My app no longer tracks me, and I need it to work, especially my pulse, which I need to keep track of. 

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer

I've been trying to install this update for the last 4 days and I get nowhere!  I continue to get failure notifications and I can't even sync my tracker at this point.  What good are these updates if it disables my blaze?  of course, this happens right at the one-year warranty mark....I'm guessing that's not a coincidence!

Best Answer