Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I am having the same issue.  After a full 24 hours of trying to even get the firmware update, now I cannot use the Relax feature even though I've done a few syncs since, restarted the Blaze, restarted the phone, etc.

Best Answer

@Remmy700P wrote:

@Bcassaro wrote:

Sounds like it's not worth it.

This release includes bug fixes, stability improvements, and an important security update. Just because it doesn't have some shiny new front-end user feature doesn't mean it isn't "worth it".

The previous Firmware update last year killed my Blaze; it went from having a charge last at least 5 days to having it last about 12 hours. They ended up having to send me a new tracker. So I'm in no hurry to install the latest Firmware update.

Best Answer
Well, since FitBit has chosen to say that the Blaze is compatible with the
S8 and it isn't, who should we blame? Samsung? Last time I heard they
didn't make the FitBit Blaze and tell everyone it's compatible. So far
I've seen no alerts being broadcast in the news, at stores, or even on
their Webpage that the Blaze is not actually fully functional with the S8.
Who do we blame for that. That means potential buyers are still being
misled by FitBit marketing and Tech Support. The only thing we see here is
the phony blame game being played at the customer's expense and frankly I'm
sick of it. Odd how my old broken down Surge still gets notifications and
has decent battery life. I saw that the Surge now has a Firmware update
available. Well, no thanks FitBit...why fix what ain't broke and risk
breaking it too.
Best Answer

I got the update yesterday and managed a sync but the relax feature stopped working.  I figured I would charge it up as the battery was at about half.  So last night I charged it up.  Full battery.  I tried a sync after manually having to go into Bluetooth settings on my phone and connect first, but the sync didn't work.  And the display was stuck at 9 pm yesterday with yesterday's steps showing (on the fitbit).  Went to put it on figuring it would work itself out and it completely turned itself off (no display and no green lights).  I tried everything to get it back on and eventually could see the little tiny green battery indicator at the top corner, showing fully charged, and the rest was blank.  Tried again and managed after several attempts to get it on but it was on my notifications screen...tried going home and it went blank again.  I stuck it back in the charger, not wearing it today and will hope when I get home from work I can figure out what is wrong now.

Seems I'm not the only one who's had problems with the unit since the update, so has anybody found any solutions?

Best Answer

It gets better.  Now that I left it to charge all day and had it away from my phone I was able to get the Blaze to come on and do a sync.  The time on the fitbit is now correct but the steps showing are yesterdays.  And now my app has yesterday's steps as today's steps....and the same number for yesterday.  But the relax feature is working.  Too bad I can't actually accurately count my steps the rest of today.  Hoping that overnight it might fix itself.  This is a bit of a headache to say the least.

Anyway if you are having similar problems maybe try separating your phone and Blaze for the day and leave the Blaze charging.  Seems to help somewhat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Since this update I have only been able to receive notifications for emails. I no longer get notifications for texts, phone calls, or any of my applications (like WhatsApp). Notifications are turned on, but every time I try to update the notification settings on the app, the app crashes. I specifically bought the watch for fitness and notifications. Please fix this - I have sent the log to you 3 times now. A conspiracy theorist would think you are trying to push people to the new watch. If this is not fixed soon, I will have to go to another company.

Please help. 

Best Answer

Same situation I am having to a point. My watch face and lights on back quit working altogether. I attempt to reset it and I get the vibration. I check the app and the phone will sync and shows battery life. Watch shows nothing. Sometimes the face will function again or I have to wait for battery to go completely dead, then recharge. Then it's a hit and miss. Today it's working....fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

yep! Glad I am not the only person seeing this issue. I was told today I was using the wrong firmware..Not helping much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issues below:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Issues-after-17-8-402-1-update/m-p/2288537#M79313

I have noticed two issues after updating my device to the latest firmware.

Firstly, my sleep no longer is showing in the app.

Secondly, runs no longer sync to Strava, but bicycle rides do (runs are showing in the Fitbit app)

I'm connecting to an iPhone 6S with the latest iOS app.

Tried to re-pair the device with the phone and also tried pairing the device with an old iPhone 5. Also tried rebooting the watch.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions on fixing either or both issues?

EDIT: I noticed this morning my heart rate also doesn't appear to be tracking.

Best Answer

Same here, sleep shows on the dashboard but not the app.  Heart rate seems to be working, but doesn't always show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is working just fine now, no issues 😀

Best Answer

@smcgu67 did you get an update that it is now working or is it just one of those times that something started functioning with no explanation?

Also, are you connecting to iOS or Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t get an update at all, it just started working again. I’m connecting to iOS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very weird.

I still have all the same issues I had before.

Best Answer

I️ did the update, synced my Fitbit. Now relax says to sync my Fitbit with the app to get relaxation exercises on your wrist! I’ve synced it, but nothing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the firmware update was rolled out my Blaze2 battery life has been draining much quicker than before with no change in settings & I cannot get a Heart rate reading unless it is set to On, Auto is no longer working.  Yes, I have tried restarting it and I have removed the device and added it back in with no change in results.  I only bought this in February, I can't imagine that after less than a year your product would start having such major issues - I think that the firmware update may have caused this, is there any way for me to remove the update and go back to the previous version?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner we'll have to wait for an official answer from Fitbit, but with most devices, firmware updates don't allow for rolling back.

My gut feel says the development team are working on another firmware update while the poor team who respond on here are told to run interference until they get these issues fixed.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

Notifications now working on Lumia.

Can you also do something about the battery meter display in the top corner on the Blaze? It's really easy to see when the blaze is on charge, but almost invisible at all other times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Fitbit Blaze and now all syncing information is off. The time is off, steps, calories etc. I've reset my tracker and re added it as a new device and it's still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes