Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I updated my Blaze last week and ever since I did the steps are not syncing correctly to my phone app. What gives????? Is this Fitbit's way of trying to force people to buy a new watch? So not impressed!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. After the update, I can't get the app to pull up at all (been going on for over a week now). I'll be returning my Blaze tomorrow. I need something that works!

Best Answer

Your 'fixes' don't work! I've tried them all including trying to set up as a new device. Now I can't re-add my Blaze as a new device and the app is useless!

I was thinking of getting the iconic for my husband so we could do challenges together but after these issues (hasn't worked since Sept 3!) and reading the forms for the iconic whats the point? It's been months and you still wont fix your watch.

From what I'm seeing FitBit doesn't care about Samsung users (or Andriod) and I should just switch to the more accurate HR of the Polar watches!

Best Answer

I am not having any of the issues you describe. 

I am however having many of my personalised settings change back to defaults at seemingly random intervals and heart rate has not worked since update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the DHL website, my replacement should be delivered on Friday this week so I can then give feedback if it makes a difference, though based on other comments around replacement devices I will remain skeptical until then. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure do wish it wasn't. Ever since this update the connected GPS feature has completely stopped working. Tried all troubleshooting steps on every community thread I could find and even some random ones I found through scouring the web.

I dunno what you did with this update Fitbit, but for me at least, it appears to have removed the ability to use one of the key features. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

This is the same thing they did for many months regarding notifications on Windows phones.

They are somewhat working now, but not fully, and still in Beta test mode.

The issue I have is that the advertising and package information is borderline false advertising, and it wasn't until after I bought my Blaze and couldn't get notifications working, that I found out they didn't via an internet search.

I will research better next time, and it probably won't be a Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new firmware update was pushed to me this morning - took about 20 minutes to complete.  But it's now installed.  I wonder what I get with this update - will it now tie my shoes?  I still like the FitBit devices; LOVE the tracking feature to my cell phone and then synched to web site!!  I guess I'll need to start walking again since I've gained 50 pounds!!  Man Sad

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I am not having any of the issues you describe. 

I am however having many of my personalised settings change back to defaults at seemingly random intervals and heart rate has not worked since update. 

Update:

Turning off HR restarting and turning on HR seems to have worked. 

Alas now not synching to app.

App cannot find the device, app no longer synching with partner apps. 

Best Answer

Just a thought, but it might be beneficial for folks to post up what device (manuf/model) and OS version they are syncing with.... see if there is a problem vector commonality to a particular device or OS.

For instance, I'm running the app on a Motorola DROID Turbo running Android 6.0.1 and am having none of the issues a lot of you are. The firmware update was a little temperamental, but after restarting the FitBit device and clearing the app's cache, everything (heart rate, syncing, sleep logging, etc) is working just fine. The FitBit sometimes doesn't record my sleep's start accurately, but I give it some leeway as this is not a medical instrument, it's a consumer-grade convenience device. I can understand the frustration of having your key feature drop off the working map though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm running Android 7.0 with a Galaxy S8. After I dumped the cache and hard restarted the Fitbit Blaze its working good.

A few annoyances are that it takes 3 or 4 times to sync. And the GPS is almost useless now for walking. Only works for about 1\2 the walk when it was working fine before. Everything charged to full.

However i am now getting 5 days or more battery with my Blaze and it charges super fast unlike before. Everything else works just fine.

Best Answer
I am running a Blaze Fitbit on an iPhone 5SE, had very few glitches until I just did the new "update", since then the watch was not syncing properly. I had to reboot the phone and watch several times before it finally worked. Today I thought it was working fine - but it suddenly went into exercise mode and wouldn't come out for 30 mins. After reading all this thread I'm getting really scared. My Blaze has become my lifeline in losing 60+ lbs. I'm heart sick.

Sent from Michelle MacIsaac's IPhone
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Hello and Welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you're having trouble re-pairing your Blaze to your Fitbit account. I recommend performing a restart and then plugging the tracker into the charger for a full battery. Once that is done attempt the setup process again. You will be prompted to update the firmware at the end of the setup process. If you still have trouble completing the setup, check out this article for tips. 

@PipsAhoy Hey, there! If you're having trouble connecting to GPS on your Blaze, you will usually get an error message on the tracker. To understand what that message means, please check out this help article with more suggestions. 

@SunsetRunner @TheOnlyBob @newfiegolden Thanks for all your troubleshooting efforts! I'm glad you've all been able to get your Blaze's back on track. If ever in doubt,restart will usually help. If your issues persist, you can let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having tried every thing suggested in that article and others multiple times it's pretty clear that this is just a Fitbit issue. It's incredibly disappointing that such a highly advertised feature would be so flimsy and poorly supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the horror stories about Fitbit's woeful customer service are true. See the completely inadequate response I received from the "support" team today. Does nothing more than confirm things I already knew because I DID THEM and then just say that because my phone isn't on the supported device list they won't offer any useful advice. Literally the worst attempt at "customer service" I've ever received

Will never buy a Fitbit product again. This is just pathetic.

"Hello ****,

Let's go ahead and find a fix for your Blaze to accurately track your activities using the connected GPS. We appreciate you providing the list of the troubleshooting steps you took for your tracker and letting us know the mobile device you are using for our reference. 

Upon checking, the last time you synced your tracker was on November 15th with 6,099 steps and with 4.3 kilometers distance tracked. Also, we've seen that you also unpaired your tracker on that same day and was able to successfully reconnect it. 

We've also checked your phone's compatibility with our Fitbit app and we've seen that your Sony Experia X is not listed as part of our compatible devices. We understand that there are times that you were able to successfully sync using your mobile device.

We would like to share with you that Fitbit has not evaluated the integration of the Sony Experia X. It could be possible that all the feature to work properly but we can't promised that the Fitbit app and the tracker functions will work on your new phone at the fullest. 

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and we appreciate the continuous trust that you put in our products. 

We are eager to get you back on track as soon as possible and we want you to have the best Fitbit experience. If there's anything that we may do to assist you in the meantime, do not hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,"

Best Answer
0 Votes

AlessFitbit.... none of those work if I can't download the app. What's your next solution??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PipsAhoy wrote:

Looks like the horror stories about Fitbit's woeful customer service are true. See the completely inadequate response I received from the "support" team today. Does nothing more than confirm things I already knew because I DID THEM and then just say that because my phone isn't on the supported device list they won't offer any useful advice. Literally the worst attempt at "customer service" I've ever received

Will never buy a Fitbit product again. This is just pathetic.

=====================================================

So you purchased a product to pair with a mobile device that the manufacturer clearly states is not operationally validated to work with said product and you are mad at FitBit? You don't feel you have any responsibility to make sure the device is supported before you buy it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reached out multiple times to Fitbit regarding my 3 non working devices that all went south after the firmware upgrade.

No reply whatso ever even after tagging @AlessFitbit and others.

My fitbits are garbage and getting advice such as turn off the heartrate, sync, stepcount and everything else is not helping.

I do not know what makes me most upset. Me being scammed on a lot of money for non functional devices or the fact that a company that was dominating the market is letting it all go to **ahem** not realizing that there is no repair to your reputation once you let it go all the way down the drain.

Best Answer

I just finished setting up my replacement device, and my heartrate is being detected as well as the feature to remind me to move every hour.

I'll obviously only find out tonight about the sleep, and will only find out on Sunday about the exercise tracking correctly when I race, but so far so good.

Hopefully whoever else is getting replacements gets sorted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was actually a present from my partner who asked the shop attendant if it would work with our phones (we have the same ones). Not Fitbit's fault there but also considering the Xperia X range is Sony's flagship range at the moment, I'm surprised that Fitbit don't support them, instead only supporting the older Z range.

It worked perfectly well until the latest update, that's what I'm annoyed about, how can an update lose functionality? I've also seen multiple other users of "supported" devices having the exact same problem. All saying that they get no real support for a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes