Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

I've had nothing but problems with my blaze.

1.  on vacation, no internet access.  my blaze battery dies.  I charge it, and there is no way to sync it to re-update the time.  This makes this item USELESS.  I tried rebooting the blaze, my phone, re-syncing it, nothing worked.  If I tried to sync in the app it wanted to sync with the website and ofcourse gave a no internet access error.  This should be fixed, if I reboot my phone or the fitbit, it should re-sync the fitbit time with my cell phone time.

2.  spent 2 days where my blaze showed full battery til I took it out of the cradle, and then it showed 1 bar.  When re-inserting after making sure contacts were clean and lined up, the display only showed 1 red line while in the charger.  I connected it through plugs, usb outlets, and portable power packs.  This has made the device useless til today when all of a sudden it showed a bit of a charge and that it's synced.

Currently it's now in the cradle showing the standard watch face, I can't even tell if this thing is charging anymore.  Really not impressed with this product after a week away from PC and internet access.

Best Answer

Same issues as others. Since firmware update, Blaze will sync but not pair with GPS. They sent me a replacement and it is the same thing when trying to run: phone not found or check Fitbit App. Even after I just did a sync. 

Best Answer

The GPS and SYNC issue got worse with the update.

Best Answer

@LurchZA wrote:

I just finished setting up my replacement device, and my heartrate is being detected as well as the feature to remind me to move every hour.

I'll obviously only find out tonight about the sleep, and will only find out on Sunday about the exercise tracking correctly when I race, but so far so good.

Hopefully whoever else is getting replacements gets sorted.

I can confirm with the replacement device that my racing was picked up without an issue yesterday (speed/distance/course/heart rate all worked) over a total recorded activity of just over 128km.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is starting to sound to me like a major instability in either the firmware transmission algorithm coming across BT, or the actual firmware writing protocol. I also think the system is highly sensitive to transient battery voltage levels -- NOT capacity levels. In either case, it's essentially "bricking" the device... kinda like losing power in the middle of a system BIOS update. A workaround for this would seem to me to be sending device updates over BT in smaller packets. Less chance of file corruption. I doubt the device has onboard error correction to verify that the packages rec'd are complete and valid.

Q for those with replacement units: Are they coming with the upgraded firmware already installed?

Best Answer

@Remmy700P wrote:

Q for those with replacement units: Are they coming with the upgraded firmware already installed?

Mine came with the old firmware.

It forced me to update on setup (my initial plan was to leave it on the old one but you cannot continue without updating)

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is it about this update ?

Before the Blaze would connect and sync quite happily to my iPhone Se or one of my

several Android handsets ... Now ... nothing, nada, zip.

Having tried all the "suggested fixes" has resulted in it being dumped in the bottom of the

never use again drawer in disgust.

What happened to testing before release ????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this release tested in the slightest?

Only a short browse of the community reveals a plethora of people who, like me, went from having a Blaze which mostly worked reliably with the occasional hiccup, to a completely unusable, expensive pedometer.

I can't remember owning any product where a firmware update so comprehensively ruined a good device. The total lack of help from Fitbit support doesn't help.

Best Answer

Hi Have done an update about 2 weeks ago and now my battery runs flats within 8 hours even without a workout and activity. I have had to turn my notifications off and the watch would vibrate every 30 second. Will there be a new update to fix these issues or do I get to pay full price for an item what only has about half it's feature working. I have email Fitbit twice with no response. I look forward to finding out the solution. Cheers

Best Answer

Will this help with battery life?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't hold your breath. I was simply told that since my device is not on their supported list, the fact that my Blaze used to work and now doesn't is just tough luck and not their problem. Now on the surface of it that makes sense, my device is not supported, there's no obligation for updates to work with it. However the exact same problems I'm having are being reported by people using devices that are on the supported list, yet there's no real response from Fitbit apart from pointing them to the same troubleshooting articles over and over again even when people say they've tried it all.

Customer support doesn't seem to be high on the list of Fitbit's concerns.

Best Answer

I did the update (hoping it might marginally help with the known issue with battery drain when using a galaxy s8/s8+). Instead, I lost all notifications - which had been working fine. Went through the whole notification troubleshooter, including deleting and re-adding the device, but to no avail. And support just pointed me back to the old s8 "issues" thread. So - if you have a galaxy s8, I'd be wary of this update if you don't need it for other reasons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i feel the same, I just boarded the Fitbit Blaze train and I am just as disappointed, limited watch faces on the device. the updates do not really add anything. I am guessing there is only so much they can do with the blaze before they abandon it. They will just move on to the next device already. Shame really. 

A great addition would be to let us add our own wallpapers to the device rather than the rather dull stuff were stuck with. A bit of customisation would be nice (on our end).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KyleeWilton wrote:
I made a complaint and they emailed me to chastise me, warn me about
participating in these posts, and deleted my original post.

Definitely won't buy a Fitbit product again.

Well I liked the product when I first purchased it a couple of weeks ago, but its boring compared to my band 2. I can customise that to my hearts contents. When I put on the Blaze, it just makes me not want to take it to the gym. The software is buggy, notifications are slow and generally unreliable. The sync software sometimes does not sync properly.

I need it to be consistently reliable for me to get on with my gym workout. I mean that is what it is designed for is it not? 

I originally purchased the Blaze to replace my band 2 (strap fault), but I ended up buying a second hand msband 2 and repairing the band myself. Now the Blaze just sits on a shelf. 

Its about consistently reliable usage that makes me want to use a product. Its not about price its about "it works", I can then get on with my workout. I can not do that with the Blaze. I cannot take it back as the store wont allow it back for hygiene reasons. I keep going back to the Blaze, hoping an update will iron out some of these issues, over three different phones windows and android, I find the experience rather messy. Which is a bit of a shame. Why i hope updates will add new features, allow for more customisation and make it more of  a reliable experience.

ontopic the update failed the first time, then installed successfully, then said you need to update your fitbit again, then it said, i have to restart my phone. It then crashed the bluetooth share module when i synced the fitbit, then fitbith crashed during the update, so i had to restart bluetooth, it then couldnt find my blaze to load the update, so i ended restarting the phone a second time. Ive never had this trouble with anything else.

Best Answer

@SpacepiG Hey, there! I checked in with our Support team and noticed you have reached out to them for assistance with your Blaze's battery. Please reply to the email they have sent so they can continue helping you with your case. 

@khockin @SunsetRunner Hello! Thanks for sharing your experiences here in the Fitbit Community. I've gone ahead and created a case for each of you with our Support team. Someone will be reaching out to you in the next 48 hours. Please keep an eye on your inbox for the email address associated with this account. Let me know if you have questions! 

For everyone else having issues with their Blaze's battery, please give these tips here a try. The Blaze's battery can last up to 5 days but can be fewer depending on how frequent you sync and which features are turned on. I would also make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app on your phones. Please let me know if a shorter than expected battery life continues for you all!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks, but it still doesn't work.
Best Answer

@KyleeWilton Hello! Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with Notifications on your Blaze. Since this has been continuous for a while, I've gone ahead and connected you with our Support team. Someone will be reaching out to you via email in the next 48 hours. Please keep a lookout in your inbox. 

Best Answer

I see that a lot of people have had issues with the Blaze linking to the app for GPS. Has there been any kind of fix or solution for this? I've tried everything I have seen to fix it and I still can't get the connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The GPS is still not working. Mine works every so often but disconnects and
reconnects often. Even at full power it does it. Whatever they did to the
Bluetooth to help with the battery with the S8's they killed the GPS
function.
Best Answer

Nope, no response from Fitbit at all. Refuse to acknowledge there's an issue with their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes