Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Fitbit not holding a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden my Fitbit Blaze won’t hold a charge for more than a day, it’s been happening since Tuesday early morning . I first noticed something was not correct when the clock had the wrong time . I synced the device and the time was corrected and seemed to work okay. A day later I noticed I had a low battery so I charged it again. I wore it again did not have any gym activity and battery is very low.  I tried all the troubleshooting steps, cleaned the device , shutdown the device and app . Still the device won’t hold charge I was getting 5 Days now barely a full day. Any suggestions. 

Thanks 

LPWL

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1799

If that does not help contact support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My blaze is not charging. It's 1 year 6 months old... What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveapDid you even read the post above???

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. this past week, my fitbit charge rarely lasts more than a day.

The contacts are clean, and I only charge it when it's low.  It started this week, previously I could go at least 3 days.

Best Answer

Yes I did. I did go through all the battery related links on the fitbit help page and the community. I also checked YouTube/google.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too charge it only when the battery icon starts to flash on the main screen of the blaze. Not sure what went wrong. I tried whatever I could to get it back.. even tried resetting with whatever power was left.. now it's not responding at all 😞

Best Answer

Hi

I too am having this issue, my Fitbit Blaze will not keep battery, it could last up to 3 days and from about Thursday I noticed its not even lasting 24hours.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information. I have tried all the suggested steps mentioned in the links. I let it charge overnight I will see how long the battery last today.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange..when did you buy your blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I brought my Blaze directly from Fitbit when they first came out. I think its about 2 years old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the battery holding ln?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I talked to fibit and did truble shooting and now it does not work at all. Talked to fitbit again they say they can give me 50% off that does not help the fact that  before i did there trouble shooting I got a couple hours out if it and now nothing. Very disappointed in fitbit. Very disappointed in customer service. I don't know that i want anything to do with a company that does not stand behind there products. Especially when is a known problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was asked by Fitbit to try turning off things which may impact the battery.  The only thing I have on is Quick View.   They want me to deplete the battery then contact them. Is this what you did and it killed your device?

Thanks

Lpwl

Best Answer
0 Votes
No i tried all the things cleaning and all that they had me hold the left button and the bottom right and it has not worked at all since

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah.. I guess it happens or starts to happen when your fitbit blaze is about 2 years old.  I've been connecting with many users of blaze and all of us seem to have similar issues once the Blaze is close to 18 to 24 months old.  I hope they atleast repair it for us.. (noticed screws on th back panel)

Best Answer

I did all the help stuff on their website etc and then that depleted the battery.  I didnt call them before. I also followed their instructions to clean the charging connectors, tried a different official blaze charger and no luck.  I've been using fibit since 2014, my fitbit one still works like a charm but not the blaze 😞

Best Answer

Is your device no longer usable after the battery was depleted?  Fitbit support wants me to fully charge the device and turn off items that could drain battery. Then I’m suppose to use the device syncing 5 to 6 times a day and when I don’t see the charge icon contact them . But if I do that will it make by device unusable? 

One person posted they followed troubleshooting.. not sure if they drained the  battery but now their device is no longer unusable. 

My device was brought early 2016 so it fits the timeframe pattern of having this charging issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m afraid to drain my battery if it means my device will be unusable. Did Fitbit offer to fix the battery? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my blaze did not respond once the battery drained out completely.  I got it in Oct 2016.  I would follow Fitbit tech support and see if it works or not.  If not, and it screws up your device, check if you can get a replacement.  As far as I know, it cannot be repaired.

Best Answer
0 Votes