Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze GPS running - Real distance error and lack of GPS logging - Big issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

WHen im out running with the Blaze, i have the GPS conection alternative that is ment to overwrite stride lenght. But as seen in the picture it does not work. Left side is me while running and the Fitbit software tracks my run, right side is the direct log of google maps from the very same tour.

The top picture is from my last running. Fitbit gives me 15,86 km, Google maps log shows 8,4 km.

The lower is even more off. As seen on Fitbit. 30,78 km and its really of even not logging the correct running rute as shown on Google map log. It is so off that most of the rute is missing. This is for me a big issue. Is Fitbit even worth keeping if this problem is somthing that last?

running.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@OleMarius of we compare the top maps fitbit is within 6%. Neither one of the lower maps look correct, making me think it might have been a cloudy day or the phone was in the poxket a different way. 

This is just my first observations

Best Answer

And how come the distant different? It is enoying to most go into the google map it self to find the exact distance. As for the lower picture. 30 km logging on fitbit that use Google maps when Google map log itself 14km

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @OleMarius it's great to have you here! Please note that your Fitbit will not match a pre-measured distance since any variation on the route can cause a discrepancy with it. Also as @Rich_Laue mentioned at least two dozen GPS satellites are constantly in orbit around the Earth and broadcasting data. All GPS devices require a direct path to these satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions. If the signal is being blocked—either because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects—GPS will not work. Thus, whereas GPS gives you a more accurate measure of distance than step counting alone, the actual accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes