Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Heart Rate Inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze heart rate monitor seems to be a bit off. 

Telling me I have a resting heart rate in excess of 90bpm.

Is this wrong or is my heart just faulty?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @yhussein! As with all heart-rate tracking technology, whether a chest strap or a wrist-based sensor, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, location of wear, and type of movement.  Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate.For all-day wear when you’re not exercising, your tracker should usually rest a finger’s width below your wrist bone and lay flat, just as you would wear a watch. Fitbit’s PurePulse heart rate tracking system is designed to be most accurate when the tracker is worn on the top of your wrist. Experiment with placing the tracker higher on your wrist; because blood flow in your arm increases the farther up you go, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful. Also, make sure you're not wearing your tracker too tightly; a tight band restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart rate signal.

Also please restart your Blaze and test it during the day!

Let me know if this helps! 🙂

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I am going to return mine. I had the Charge 2 and it's just as bad. Accuracy is terrible on both devices.

I used to have the Microsoft Band 2 and it was completely accurate the way it was designed and easy to take off and put on. Disappointed people didn't catch on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZaneMagnum, here is some good information about your heart rate monitor. See link below it's from Fitbit website.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565/?q=Heart+rate+monitor&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the article

I guess a device can't have everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes