Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Issues (slow/no syncing, no notifications, poor battery life, no GPS, etc.)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've been having all of these problems since the last firmware update that i got earlier this year (3-4 months ago-ish). First, I stopped getting notifications, then my battery life went from 5 days to 2 days (sometimes less), then the GPS stopped working, then it took an act of god to get the fitbit to sync.

BEHOLD, for I think I found the solution.

I browsed a bunch of posts today, and after spending some time researching and looking at other people's solutions, I believe the problem is Bluetooth (Classic).  Bluetooth classic is pretty much only used for music control, however, I noticed that my blaze would prioritize this connection, which cause it to block all other connections.  Which in turn caused all of those problems.  

This solution worked for me (I've tested this for the past 24 hours, so far).  

Step 1 - Use the fitbit app to disconnect your blaze from your account
Step 2 - manually go into your device's bluetooth and "forget device" for blaze and blaze classic

Step 3 - On your blaze, turn off bluetooth classic via the settings menu

Step 4 - Using the fitbit app, reconnect (add device), and follow the steps to reconnect your blaze to your account

You will need to re-do all your other settings, notifications and alarms (through the app).
But now I'm getting notifications again and I've had zero trouble syncing my device since I reconnected.  GPS even works again.  I've even been away from my phone, and had my phone connected to other bluetooth devices, and when I re-open the app, fitbit connects right away, just like it used to.  The last real test is to see if my battery life is back, one day isn't enough to test, and I had it on the charger today for the firmware update, but I suspect, since I won't have competing bluetooth connections now, that my fitbit might FINALLY stop being drained so often.

The only downside so far is that you won't have music control anymore (that's the only thing that really uses bluetooth classic), which isn't a big deal for me. If I have bluetooth headphones on, I skip, pause, & hit play through other means anyway,

TL/DR - turn off bluetooth classic

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Azsunyx. Great to see you around! 😄

Thanks a lot for sharing all this with the Community! I'm pretty sure that many users will find this very helpful for sure!

Now, I'd just like to know... were you able to notice any improvement in the battery performance? Also, just as matter of experimenting... Did you try to connect to Bluetooth Classic and see if it works fine or you didn't try this again at all?

Again, thanks a lot for sharing this. Anything else you might want to share with us, keep it coming!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life did improve by about 1 day (went from 3 days without charging to about 4)

I haven't touched bluetooth classic since, I didn't use the music control anyway, so I probably won't try ti again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this old, but thanks. This helped me out. I had actually had my bluetooth classic off for awhile and still had syncing issues, but redoing the pairing seems to have worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes