Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Lost Seattle Airport Who Found?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My grilfriend lost her Blaze on 1/21 at the Seatle Airport. We reported the loss to Fitbit and have a case number already. When we notified Fitbit that it is lost we were told that they can see that it was paired with another user's account. We asked that this user be notified (NOT to reveal any personal info to us) that is has been reported as lost and send them a label so they can return it. We are told this is against Fitbit policy. All we want is to have a chance of getting it back and believe that the person who found it is likely happy to return it if they were asked to do so by Fitbit. How can we get Fitbit to change this policy? Maybe if more people vote to change it then Fitbit will change it? Seems like such an easy way for Fitbit to help out........

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Sorryabout the loss @tedhowell, as for contacting, or letting Fitbit know your thoughts, there are two ways to do this. Using thebpath you took or using the feature request at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

I would do a search for lost, and add your comment and vote, I found this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Lost-or-Stolen-Fitbit-deactivation/idi-p/1815757

There are other sugges5ions, like a found me.

Now if tye person f8nding the tracker, did contact Fitbit, Fitbit would have helped get the unit back to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that but what I read in the other thread, it is a moot point. yes fitbit will know if your fitbit is now paired to another user but they will not release the info nor contact the person.
Not sure why. It does feel not right though but in this world now, who knows what kind of trouble they could into if they did release the info.

A good thing they could do is prevent the watch to be paired to another person. But then , maybe the person that got it may use the fitbit to get healthier.
Every day at the gym, I take my fitbit off when i jumped in the shower. I am always wondering if someone could take it out of my jym bag while I am not next to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pierrotsc wrote:

Sorry to hear that but what I read in the other thread, it is a moot point. yes fitbit will know if your fitbit is now paired to another user but they will not release the info nor contact the person.
Not sure why. It does feel not right though but in this world now, who knows what kind of trouble they could into if they did release the info.

A good thing they could do is prevent the watch to be paired to another person. But then , maybe the person that got it may use the fitbit to get healthier.
Every day at the gym, I take my fitbit off when i jumped in the shower. I am always wondering if someone could take it out of my jym bag while I am not next to it.

Here are my suggestions to Fitbit. Vote for this if you agree:

1. Do not allow a Fitbit that has been reported as lost to be paired to a new account

2. Notify a user who is trying to pair a known lost Fitbit that it has been lost and offer to provide a prepaid envelope to return it to Fitbit.

3. Even go so far as to allow users who have lost a Fitbit to post a reward for it's return, all done annonymously 

4. Program the Fitbit app and devices to work like the other bluetooh trackers on the market. Users could opt in to help other users if they lose their Fitbit. Imagine at the airport a notification pops up "A Lost Fitbit has been spotted near you" It would be a fun game to play - Find the Fitbit! If there were rewards it would motivate players and unite a community of Fitbit users. Instead we have a dark and fearful community where we don't trust our fellow users and encourage them to keep any Fitbit that they find. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice @Rich_Laue and @pierrotsc! Welcome to the Community @tedhowell! I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've had with your tracker. In this case, you may want to vote for this suggestions: Lost Mode - Owner ID for Lost/Found Fitbits and Ability to locate/find a lost Fitbit

If there's any idea missing from yours, you may want to post your own. However, make sure to post it separately. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted links to suggestions very much like what is being discussed, i suggest you all add your comments and votes there.

The feature request board is where Fitbit users may post their ideas for thr developers to read The Hardware section, the section on, is for Fitbit users to help fitbit users. 

Best Answer

Here is a product suggestion submitted in 2014:

Brick a lost device

In the subsequent comments there are links to many other similar discussions over the years. In my opinion I have not seen any cogent argument in favor of the current Fitbit policy of allowing a reported lost device to be paired to another user's account. Anyone can pick up a Fitbit that is actively paired to the existing account of an active member, even when the user has notified Fitbit that it is lost, and the finder can easily create an account or pair the device to an existing account. Fitbit current policies have no impediment to this process. In fact Fitbit customer service will assist a user in walking through the steps. Call Fitbit customer service yourself and tell them you found a Fitbit and would like help setting it up with your account. They will say "Certainly, I can help you with that..." as they read off of the approved CS script policies.

I find this policy to be tragically unfair and not good assurance that should I lose my Fitbit that there is anything in place to help me find it. Given the device's purpose of tracking the activities of an active person it seems to me that a tracking device such as this runs a high risk of loss. My invested dollars in such a device are better spent on one that provides some features that would help retrieve a lost device. Fitbit has not responded to at least 3 years of multiple user suggestions along these lines. My guess is that at this point this objection to Fitbit's policy and multiple suggestions for viable alternative policies has not risen very far in the company ranks. I would invite a thoughtful, well reasoned position from an actual policy setting level of Fitbit as to why Fitbit has the current policy.

Best Answer
0 Votes