Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control - Flashing between "Connecting." & "Loading Music..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I just got my Fitbit Blaze yesterday, upgraded from the Charge HR that I've had about 1.5 years.  So far I'm loving the Blaze and have enabled a lot of the settings and options I want with success, but I haven't been able to successfully get music control. When I pull it down, I just get it flashing between "Connecting." and "Loading Music...".

Full disclosure: I have a One+ 3 phone which yes, I know "is not a supported phone". So please, no "This isn't a supported phone" responses that are left only at that. I've had every other feature working perfectly.

I want to know if this a KNOWN issue with the One+ 3, and if not what are troubleshooting methods that can be done - regardless of  the specific type of Android phone?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @EMcGathey, good to see you in the Community Forums!

Have you tried by any chance to restart your tracker? You can do this by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds.  This will make your tracker to reboot and you can see if the music loads without any problem after that.

Something else you can try is setting up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section, tap on "Set up a new device" and follow the on-screen instructions. After that, connect it again using the bluetooth settings and connect to the Bluetooth classic option and see if this works.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does that "Connecting - Loading" thing from time to time, I just go to settings and then go to the Bluetooth Classic option and turn it on and off. Usually starts back up again

Best Answer

I have a Moto G4+ and am experiencing the same issue. I have tried everything -- restarting device and phone, unpairing and repairing, unpairing all my other bluetooth devices, cycling the classic mode back from on to off to pair again, restarting my music player, restarting the fitbit app, different music players, turning bluetooth on and off, nothing has worked. I tried on my old OnePlus One phone and experienced the same issue.

I just bought this device and music control was a significant reason why. If I can't come up with a fix for this I'm going to have to return it.

Best Answer

Same issue here. 

Have done a little testing and I have discovered a possible cause.

Fitbit do not like sharing with the other children, all works perfectly with music control UNTIL my Bluetooth headphones connect, and they can do music control too.

This was never an issue with my pebble or other devices I have tested with. They seem to be happy to share the control etc.

FYI I am running a HTC One A9 and senheiser PXC 310 BT Bluetooth headphones that also do media control. Issue persists on Android Marshmallow and Nougat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Headbolt. Great to have you in the Community Forums!

I don't really think that's the case. I use my Blaze to control the music on my phone which is an iPhone 6 and I also use my SkullCandy wireless headphones and both work fine at the same time. I can either control the music from my Blaze or from the headphones without any problem at all.

It could be that it has some difficulties connecting when different devices are connected to an Android device but it seems that when it comes to iOS, all works fine.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes