Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Now Won't Sync on Windows 10 Tablets

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the firmware update for the Blaze (as far as I can tell), my Blaze won't stay connected to Bluetooth on Windows 10 tablets in order to sync.  This also seems to coincide with the Windows 10, version 1709 update on them both tablets.  The Blaze is listed as "paired" in the list of devices.  When I turn BT on, the indicator flickers as though it connects, then drops repeatedly.  If I delete the Blaze from the Bluetooth device list, then re-add it, it successfully connects.  However, when I open the Fitbit app to try to sync, it displays a message about the Blaze being connected to another device and that I should disconnect it to try again; then the BT connection acts the same as described above when I turn it on.  Resetting the Blaze did not correct the problem.

If I connect my BT dongle to my W10 desktop system, aside from sometimes having trouble finding the Blaze despite being within 2 feet of the dongle, the Blaze with the new firmware generally syncs okay.

Also, the Blaze with the new firmware syncs fine on my Android platforms: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (with Android 7.0) and my Kindle Fire 6th Generation (with latest Fire OS).  

So I'm not sure where the problem lies: in the Bluetooth part of the W10 1709 update or the accompanying FB app update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@TMerrick you bring up a step that I don't understand,, removing the Blaze from the Bluetooth is a good step and many times will fix a sync issue. 

What has me concussed is the next point of re-add this is a step that is impossible for the user to do. I have see many mention this but have not been able to determine what steps was done to do t is pairing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Rich,

On my tablets, the Windows Settings tabs have "Devices" that includes
Bluetooth as a category. Turn on your Bluetooth, then click the "+" sign
for to add a device (Bluetooth or other device). You'll be asked to pick
what type of device it is: pick Bluetooth. The system will then scan for
discoverable Bluetooth devices. When the Blaze comes up, I pick it and let
it finish pairing and connecting. My tablet will then say the device is
connected.

However, the problem is that when the FitBit app tries to sync, the
connection is lost. My list of Bluetooth devices in Settings shows it as
"paired", the FB app can't find it.

I hope this helps you out.

TMerrick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Remove blaze from device list, and it should sync, also try to pair again, best not to let it.

Best Answer
0 Votes