Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze: Recording sleep pattern instead of sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Last night's sleep was recorded as pattern instead of stages on my blaze. How do I get it to go back to recording the stages please?

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi. @mygreentv, you may find that your Blaze occasionally records sleep in the old way.  The most likely reason for this is that for a portion of the night you were sleeping in a position where the Blaze was not able to get a consistent, accurate heartrate reading (for example if your wrist was flexed).

Other reasons this can occur is if

-- you start sleep manually using the app instead of allowing it to start automatically

-- you sleep less than 3 hours

Hopefully you will not need to do anything to get sleep stages back again tonight.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi. @mygreentv, you may find that your Blaze occasionally records sleep in the old way.  The most likely reason for this is that for a portion of the night you were sleeping in a position where the Blaze was not able to get a consistent, accurate heartrate reading (for example if your wrist was flexed).

Other reasons this can occur is if

-- you start sleep manually using the app instead of allowing it to start automatically

-- you sleep less than 3 hours

Hopefully you will not need to do anything to get sleep stages back again tonight.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Having the same problem as well, once saw sleep stages for a few hours on app and it disappeared and showed it as sleep pattern instead.

Best Answer

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the explanation too! 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge hr that was sent back for replacement as the straps were unpeeling themselves out even with careful care *sigh*

I was happy enough then with pattern, but I really love the stages more! Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem since the update at the end of March 2017. I just got off of the phone with Fitbit and reported the problem. This is the first report that they have received. I suggested that they check the "Community" and they found several posts with the same problem. They will be sending an update when they resolve the issue.

I would suggest that everyone with this issue to call Fitbit at 877-623-4997 and let them know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Brat23. If you are having issues with your sleep stages, I recommend taking a look at this post, where our friend @FerdinandFitbit is providing explanation about it and some requirements that this feature needs.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is doing the same thing but I don't think the fault is caused by a loose wrist band, I have had my blaze now for 3 months and not once has it missed a sleep pattern reading 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I get the sleep pattern reading but only get the sleep stages once in a while. The last time for the stages was 15 days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not seen anything that has resolved the problem. I have not had sleep stages for 14 days. I am getting over 7 hours of sleep per night. Not a Happy camper.

Best Answer
0 Votes