Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze: Run Cues - will they work if you start your run through blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using a flex for a while and just purchased a blaze.  With my flex I use the iOS app on my iphone to start my daily walks through the Track Exercise screen (can select from run, walk, hike; set up voice cues, music control , etc).  Then during my walk I get voice cues from my phone at 0.5 mi per my settings.  Ok now onto Blaze.  I'm going to Exercise --> Run --> gear for Settings  --> "Run Cues - Mark laps based on Fitbit app settings" --> set to "On".  Then I start my "run" through the blaze screen after connecting to the phone (I'm actually walking, but for some reason the "walk" exercise has far fewer options, a problem for another post??).  During my "run" I had expected to hear the same audio voice cues from my phone.  Why isn't this working?  If that is not the purpose of the "Run cues" setting, can you explain what it is?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
The run cues make your blaze vibrate and when it does, the blaze will show briefly a screen with your lap time and pace before continuing on. When you sync, you will see all your "laps" with distance, pace for each one. I set mine for 2 minute laps, then it also showed a tab for km splits.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I have this same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The run cues make your blaze vibrate and when it does, the blaze will show briefly a screen with your lap time and pace before continuing on. When you sync, you will see all your "laps" with distance, pace for each one. I set mine for 2 minute laps, then it also showed a tab for km splits.
Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about the verbal ques, If I'm running I don't feel the buzz/vibrate to look. I run with music and my HR Charge has verbal ques when I run.

Best Answer

The Blaze doesnt have a speaker or is not able to connect to headphones, there is no verbal curs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The cues will work if you start the activity via the app on your phone.

Best Answer
I hook up bluetooth headset to phone, where the queues used to come from, thru the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get that the Blaze will vibrate for each lap - but I can hardly feel it.  I get that the cues are available if I start the run through the app on my phone - but then I can't pause and check progress on the Blaze which is one of the reasons I purchased it.  Bottom line - I miss the lady talking to me every half mile.  I'm hoping the next software upgrade will improve the connectivity with the phone application and bring back the lady.  By the way - I'm very pleased with the product and would buy it again in a heart beat...

Best Answer

When using the blaze for running, it gives me the run cues by vibrating but not by voice alert. I have set the app to give me voice alerts and changed the volume but it does alert by voice. Is it because i am using my phone to play music at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found an answer to the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I haven't
Best Answer
0 Votes

We're discussing two distinct features here.

The trackers (some of them) offer vibration cues when tracking a run using the tracker itself. The app (only) offers voice cues when using the MobileRun feature and tracking your activity using the phone GPS and the Fitbit app.

There is no facility to link the two such that Fitbit trackers don't (and never have) offer voice cues for exercises tracked from the wrist.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the blaze to start the run, but I am also using my phone for GPS etc

Before I had the blaze I used my phone and map my run app, I was able to track the run, play my music and get the cues at the same time. The 1k cues played over the music etc.

want I wanted was to use the blaze to start the run, use the phone for the GPS and get the 1k cues via my phone as the MapMyRun run app did. I know the blaze doesn't have speakers I was expecting the cues to come via the Fitbit app

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that simply isn't the way the Fitbit stuff works.

If you want the cues then you need to start and manage the exercise from the phone. You'd still get step count and heart rate data from the Baze stitched into the exercise record once everything is synchronised to the web but you'd have no control from the Blaze itself.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

If you start a run in the Blaze, the blaze will record tour GPS.

If you start the run from the app, the app will record your Gps and send the audio clues. In this case there is no need to start the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that is dumb! The tracker says connecting to phone, and you need to have the Fitbit app up anyway, so why in the heck can't the tracker communicate to the Fitbit app that you hit your markers and then play the verbal cues? I bought the blaze tracker so I didn't have to mess with the phone. From a technical stand point, I know this can be done. Why they haven't already done this is beyond me!

Best Answer

With the Blaze i dont need the app open, the Blaze comunicates with the phones GPS through the Fitbits notification services

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the blaze as well, but it tells me I need to have the app open. When I go to exercise, select run, it tries to connect up to the phone. If the app is closed it comes back with the message "check Fitbit app" with the phone icons red with a line through it in the upper left hand corner. I have an iPhone 6s with latest ios and I have background app refresh and location enabled for Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The blaze won’t use the phone GPS unless you open the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes