Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Screen is Black

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Out of nowhere, my Blaze screen is black. No buttons work and the battery is still have full. Green lights underneath are still on and flashing. Help!
Best Answer
227 REPLIES 227

Hey there guys! I'm glad to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂  

@Kulich12 I was able to check with the Support Team and it seems that a replacement was already sent, so I would hope you're back on track by now!

@Rosy131 Thanks for letting me know about this... It's weird that the reset worked for you by pressing all three buttons but oh well... at least it did the trick! I'm glad you're back on track! 🙂

@MrGee are you still having problems with this? If you need more help, you can let me know!

@DJGregChgo @mvwyngaard I'd just like to point out the correct procedure to restart your trackers. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, see if your tracker shows anything on the display.

@eralph814 @Preeti.jamia Great to hear it worked for you guys! Anything else you may need, I'm here to help! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks Ferdinand. It's back on track after forced shut down. But it's annoying when fitbit is new and experiencing similar disturbances shows the quality of the item purchased. 

Defects of fitbit:

1. Takes too long to sync with android.

2. Silent alarm vibration is too low. 

3. Active gestures are not up to the mark.

4. Changing dial is a pain. Takes too long to sync. 

I would appreciate if you guys can fix these to improve the standard. 

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that you're now back on track after you turned off the tracker @MrGee! 🙂

Also, thanks a lot for your feedback. We're always taking this into consideration to improve the user's experience so I really appreciate you taking the time to point this out! Anything else you may need, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Best Answer

If anyone has this issue do not throw your blaze out.  This happened to my sister and I after a year of continuous use.  We both left our blazes plugged in and within a week the display was back on.  Contact Fitbit if the year warranty is still good and they'll replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen just went black but the green sensor lights are still flashing.  I tried to reset it but that isn't helping.

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issues!!! So annoying 

Best Answer
I was able to reset it but, now it won't sync to the app and the time is
off by 30 minutes.
Best Answer

Thank you! You saved me from throwing my blaze off the nearest cliff in frustration!!

Best Answer

My screen is still black after reset attempt. Continues to synchronize with my iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that info as it worked and I'm back in action 👍

Best Answer

So happy for you.  Unfortunately after I posted the comment, mine went black again and hasn't turned on again.  Hoping it will work again soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It did thanks for asking.
It's working a treat again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

@Milesthedog1, I'm, sorry that it just worked for a while and now it's back to not working again. I would like to escalate your case to the Support Team for them to take a deeper look and help you out here. Keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions!

@Steph1279, I'm glad you were able to get your tracker to work again! 🙂 If the time is not correct and it's not syncing, you can try to set it up as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and the time should appear correctly.

@voom, have you already tried to restart it and charge it? You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot and then you can see if the display comes back on.

@tpasenelli @thorshammer00 I'm glad to hear that it worked for you guys and that it's all working! 😄

@Vivevans, are you still having problems with your Blaze not turning on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for my girls Blaze

Best Answer

Happy to hear some of the blazes are working again.  Unfortunately mine is only syncing and tracking, no display.  I did contact Fitbit and all they offered me was a 25% discount on a new one.  Warranty was expired by a month.  But at least I have my trustee One Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It will keep tracking. Keep it plugged in and it might start working in a few days. Contact Fitbit immediately.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen just went black and is unresponsive.  I tried to hold the two buttons on the right for the restart and i did not get the vibrate, still no reaction.  I too am not near my charger, but my phone app says the battery is full.  I also charge it two nights ago, but shut it down last night so it would drain the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was able to restart.

Best Answer

@geer15, the restart procedure uses the lower right button and the left button. Give that a go and see if it works.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I need help with my blaze I have reset it and I can see the screen try to light up but then nothing the green lights are not flashing in the back any more either. its fully charger when this happened please help

Best Answer
0 Votes