Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Screen is Black

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Out of nowhere, my Blaze screen is black. No buttons work and the battery is still have full. Green lights underneath are still on and flashing. Help!
Best Answer
227 REPLIES 227

Makes me think Windows 10 is not a solid product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I tried the suggestion but it is still black. I pressed the corresponding buttons and felt a buzz, but it was still black afterwards.

Best Answer

Hi my Fitbit started doing the same thing and I reset it and nothing happened. Help!

Best Answer

Hi,

I tried turning my Fibit Blaze as instructed. It vibrated but nothing changed. What do I do from here? It still counts my steps, I can see it on my phone, it is just the display not working.

Thanks

Best Answer

This did not fix mine, after reaching out to fitbit support they informed me my tracker was out of warranty and the only thing offered was 25% off the Blaze, no discount on the versa.  This is the first time I've really been disappointed in my fitbit product and customer service both.  Anytime previously with lower fitbit products if there were issues they helped.  Yeah $100 per year doesn't seem like a reasonable price for the Blaze...

Best Answer

thnq! It really worked at first go.

@MakMak wrote:

I would try restarting your tracker to see if that works (left and bottom right buttons, hold down for at least 10 seconds, you'll feel it vibrate when it restarts).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah did that multiple times, screen lights, but blank, green lights flash in back, vibrates,  but nothing. Did everything customer support told me to try, nothing. I’ve had to reset before this is dead. No Fitbit logo, nothing. Disappointed in Fitbit. Something $200 should last longer or Fitbit should do something to make it right.

Best Answer

My blaze is also about six months old now and as of yesterday my display stopped working. It syncs to my phone and the green lights still blink on the back; but just no display. I called 'support' and was offered a 25% discount on another defective product.

I would second the suggestion to investigate alternative products to Fitbit. This is the most expensive watch I have owned, and it didn't even last one year. They didn't even claim that I had damaged it; rather only that the 1 year limited warranty didn't cover these defects and I should purchase the additional protection plan with my next Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer

Mine did last 3 years abd they also offered a discount that I didnt take because it was not in my budget to buy a new one. What I find surprising is that it happens all of a sudden. I had a flex in the past, one of the 1st ones that refused to work and I sent it back and they replaced. I had had it for more than a year. It still works and I am using it now. It is their customer experience in the past that made me stay with Fitbit and the willingness to ensure that their customers stay with them. I am not buying one now, but may be looking around based on the comments I read.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can only guess that they won't replace my 6 month old blaze maybe because it has been replaced with a redesigned product. After hearing I wasn't going to be getting a replacement, I opened the blaze up in our lab. The plastic around all four bolt bosses was cracked, allowing any tiny bit of humidity or sweat past the seal and onto the circuit board. I cleaned the inside and it started working again, sort of. But it won't charge and has now died. My guess is that the watch is not removable from the band anymore with the replacememt design because a) removing and snapping it back in led to screen cracks that I've read about on the forum so mamy times, and b) it stresses the seal and electronics, leading to the black screen. Both of which are design/manufacturing flaws that we pay for and no amount of customer support can get past.

Best Answer

This worked for mine.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, this is the first time I've been disappointed with FitBit, but it's one that has me looking unless a better solution is offered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully they will read all these comments and take it into consideration... 

Best Answer

Thank you! This works for me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the most detail for troubleshooting I have seen on the forums.

Best Answer

Ever since I both the Fitbit Blaze I was attach with it just for 10 months only my Fitbit just went black after charging and said what a waste, after 4 to 5 months after I happen to find in my drawers the Fitbit watch hoping this watch would work so I charge and still nothing wasted my $200 dollars for only a year. I read a lot of same situation but nothing works. So is there anyone know how to turn this thing on. they say Press the left and right which left and right the two button on the right or one on the left? I do both ways still nothing happen. I don't want to say bad words for I wasted almost $200 for just 10 months only on this thing. Can anyone help..   

Best Answer

@DaveBlazeI think you are absolutely right!  Mine pooped out after a very hot day of walking during a heat advisory, I sweat, imagine that!  I NEVER wear my tracker in the water, not the shower, not swimming, nothing.  But after reading your post and the timing of mine, I put the tracker in a bowl of rice, closed the container up for a day and then after that I connected it to the charger overnight and the screen came back the next day.  I had to uninstall the app and reset it a few times because it was stuck in the past, it displayed the date and time of the day and time it quit working, it just picked up where it left off, but it works for the moment. But that solved mine for the moment, maybe FitBit should give me a customer support paycheck...So very frustrating that a fitness tracker isn't built tough enough to take a sweaty workout 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what do I do if my Fitbit broked it won't reboot screen is still black
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Khrisphyis it a blank/dark screen/no light at all or does it light just blank when you try the reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is started is after I charged it no light on the screen when I touched it try to reset nothing only the green light and the vibration thats it reset so many times now I'm going to try it when I get home after charging 
Best Answer
0 Votes