Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Water Resistance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Time and time again we have asked you people to make the device Water Proof.

Why can't you get it through your thick skulls that there are water sports/activities.

Can I wear my Blaze while swimming?

Fitbit Blaze is rain, sweat, and splash proof. We recommend that you do not swim or shower while wearing Blaze.

Moderator Edit: Edited post title for clarity.

Best Answer
364 REPLIES 364

Has anyone worn their Blaze during a Spartan race? If so, did it do well or is it recommended not to be worn?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently wore mine while river tubing and paddling with my hands. Watch is still working fine. I've been out in heavy rains as well and in/out water/mud similar to Spartan activity. As long as you clean the atch with clean faucet water after it will keep on ticking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesnt fitbit try to buyout or incorporate a companies technology like Moov into their App?

This would allow a process of singularity for the customer instead of a million different locations to find information or track our daily routines i.e swimming or any other water sport.

Best Answer

Great response and it makes more sense to me now.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love a fitness tracker that I don’t have to take off if I take a quick shower. 

Best Answer

Many people say they don't take the Blaze off for a shower, the Ionic and Flex 2 Fitbit says doesn't have to be removed.. I still do, I have both, simply because I don't want any soap residue stuck behind the band and feel it will be better to be able to also wash the skin. 

Best Answer

Well Fitbit bought pebble , and pebble watches were awesome and waterproof . So use their technology to make Fitbit waterproof.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of them are, like the Ionic for example. The Blaze is 2 years old and was not made fully waterproof.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @MarkMM there is no legal definition of waterproof, simply because nothing is fully water resistant even the Pebble would fail if lowered for enough down into the water. in the early days the navy has had subs that failed from external water pressure and last year an ROV imploded. 

Take a look at the ionic which is rated at over 150 feet. Or 5ATMs

Best Answer
0 Votes

It wasn't meant literally Mr. Forum Scientist Rich. I think most people wanted the Blaze to be at least waterproof where they can swim at water level with it. Isn't that what the thread was about? Then you start about how deep something is waterproof. Funny stuff dude. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently bought an Apple 3 which is water resistant enough that I can keep it in through showers and swimming. 

Like the fitbit interface better, but I like wearing my tracker/watch all the time better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in the woods and would like to wear my fitbit. There are days where its raining all day and therefore it would be wet for a prolonged amount of time. Would my fitbit blaze be okay for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it should be fine.
Best Answer

Sorry Fibbit the poster is right, I can't believe the blaze isn't water proof

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can @rr1024 in the legal sense of the word there is no definition as waterproof. Take anything down far enough it will fail, and that is why the Triumph waterproof means absolutely nothing.

The correct term is water resistant to X amount. The ex can meters, feet, atm, etc

For the Blaze it was originally rated at 1 ATM or 3 meters by definition this means an accidental shallow dunking. The additional force of swimming could put more pressure on the case. 

However you can find posts where people claim they swim with the Blaze daily 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Lauewrote:

The correct term is water resistant to X amount. The ex can meters, feet, atm, etc

For the Blaze it was originally rated at 1 ATM or 3 meters by definition this means an accidental shallow dunking.

No, by definition 1 ATM means it can be slowly lowered to 1 ATM, left at that depth for a short term (30 minutes? I forgot), and then brought out of water and there has been no water leaking inside Blaze.

Things like "accidental shallow dunking" are up to each manufacturer to define, as per the International Standard.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 ATM is 10m by physics.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct 10 meters of static pressure and performed slowly lowering the pressure. That is the way Any fast movement can exert a greater pressure and cause a failure. 

From https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-waterproof-are-the-new-iphones-heres-what-all-the-ratings-mean/Screenshot_20180216-070018.png

As you can see the standard for shallow swimming calls for 5 atm. 

And a warning about WaterproofScreenshot_20180216-070419.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Really I'm talking about a swimming pool not the marianas trench, in fact Proof is only  used in Alcohol and mathematics. 

My 6 year old does the same thing as the rest of  you, take a general  term or work and take  it  to the most extreme ...LOL 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

As you can see the standard for shallow swimming calls for 5 atm. 

@rr1024 even worse is the continued posting of FALSE information. The posted CNET chart is nothing more than general guidelines, that Fitbit has not followed with several devices.

ISO 22810 standard explicitly states there is no standard for activities (e.g. swimming, snorkeling, etc), and the manufacturer is responsible for stating if an activity is supported for a particular watch. The standard is focused on protection against water penetration at a specified depth (e.g. 5ATM), and tests to be applied to verify the static pressure claim.

That is why Fitbit's 5ATM rated Surge "is swear, rain, and splash proof" but "the device is not swim proof". 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes