Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze active minutes no working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze tells me I’ve done 7 active hours but it’s only registered 11 minutes and I think the floors are not reading properly either 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Davec74, when you say the Blaze has told you that you have 7 active hours, are you referring to the setting which shows you how many hours you have achieved at least 250 steps?  That's the dancing stick figure icon that says, for example, "7 of 9 hours".

You will not necessarily be awarded active minutes for this -- in fact you certainly will not if you have merely achieved the 250 steps.

In order to earn "Active Minutes" your Blaze will need to detect that you are burning calories at least 3 times your resting (BMR) calorie burn.  A gentle stroll should not award active minutes unless you are very unfit, and as you gain fitness you will need to work harder in order to be awarded active minutes.  Typically at a minimum you will need to be walking briskly (3 miles per hour at least) to get active minutes, or engaging in some other vigorous exercise.

"Floors" are awarded if your Fitbit detects continuous movement along with a rise in elevation of at least 10 feet.  This means that you may not get credit for floors in many modern houses, as the rise is not high enough.  Alternatively, you may get credited with unearned floors during periods of changeable weather, as the Fitbit detects floors by monitoring subtle changes in air pressure.

I hope this helps.  Please do post again if you have further questions.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi thanks for your reply

my blaze has been fine I was recording 180 active minutes and 10 floors but in the last week it’s not been doing that 

I have a manual job and on my feet all day and on the move all the time 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried giving it a reboot by holding down all three buttons at once for a few seconds or even fully Shut down then restart. worth a try if you haven't already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, @Davec74, is it recording steps normally, and does it seem to be giving you reasonaby accurate heartrate readings?

In any case, whenever your Fitbit isn't behaving as expected, it is always a good idea to give it a restart.  This can solve many problems.  You are usually advised to do this 3 times, as one does not always work.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer