Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery died overnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went to sleep, left the blaze on to track my sleep, woke up and it had died.

Was a t full charge 12 hours prior

Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Yes. Twice. I had a thread on the same thing:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Battery-draining-overnight-on-Full-charge/m-p/1212728#M3959

No particular solution but it seems that it might be related to another user's observation that on occasion his Blaze screen has come on and not turned off, as if some process gets hung and keeps the screen on until the battery dies. 

So far I've had this happen two times overnight. Other than those instances I get several days on a charge.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and @kschannen it's great to see you around. If you are having problems with your Blaze battery and have tried already the Battery Troubleshoot and the Restart Process, feel free to contact our Support Team, I know they will be glad to help. For a faster solution you can contact them via phone or chat. 

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Same happened to mine a couple of days ago; I woke up with an empty battery. It was full right before sleeping. I think it was a stuck button because the day after, one button fell off and now the battery is fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@kschannen yes, that was me. I had the flat battery over night and then noticed on other occasions the screen coming on at night by itself. Seemed to be connected with Quick View. I reported it a couple of times but not hard anything since. After repeating the issue a couple of times, I changed my habits such that I now always turn Quick View off before going to bed. Not had a repeat of the problem since.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Happened to me yesterday. Full charge to nothing the next morning. Frustrating cause I never workout in the morning and decided to that day but I couldn't track any of that morning's workout! 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Happened to me again today. Looked down at my watch and screen was on, despite not moving. Quick view was switched on, as it was day time, so I'm thinking there is definitely a bug in the quick view runtime.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This has happened twice to me now as well. The first time last week, could it be related to the recent software update? What's also worrying is that this morning after noticing it was completely drained i plugged it into my laptop to charge and as soon as i plugged it in, the laptop went funny and all the power drained from that too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree,  my battery died in 6 hours.  Screen will not turn off into sleep mode.  They are shipping me a new frame as the single button no longer works on the frame, it does not reach the button on the blaze....

Watch works perfect out of the frame.  Hopefully the new frame will work.  Have had my blaze 4 months,

and now have trouble.  Will update after my new frame arrives.  Carl

Best Answer

Hello @Eddi.Smith, @SunsetRunner, @KariF@kwills and @cspamer! If you are experiencing issues with your Blaze battery draining make sure your tracker is on the latest firmware version ( 8.200.3 ), then if you notice the screen is not turning off,  try to restart it as advised by @SunsetRunner on this post. You can also take a look at the Tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze. If after this your tracker's battery is not lasting as expected please contact our support team for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! Robot Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery was low so I put it on the charger. I guess I didn't get it on there all the way and it completely died. I have charged it for six hours on my laptop and It still isn't turning on. This happened when I first got it. It was dead out of the box, charged it overnight and it eventually came on. Do I need to keep waiting? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wondered if I am sleeping on the fitbit somehow which forces it to light up and eventually die. Is that possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes