Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery doesn't last

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit blaze for at least a year. My battery does not hold a charge for what is told that it does. What do I do for this ? Will Fitbit replace my blaze or replace and fix my battery?? Please let me know ! 

Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
156 REPLIES 156

Hello @Yanto36, thank you for sharing this information, just keep in mind that using these batteries are not produced by Fitbit and opening the device and inserting other batteries could affect the warranty status. 

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with the Customer Support team @jmjcp, I do recommend you continue the communication with them to be aware of all possible options available to you. 

Thank you again for all the information and details provided, keep us posted.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to another and a bit closer... no direct fix, but some discounts
on new versa or ionic... decision time
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it’s out of warranty and with numerous emails to Fitbit who will give you 25%off iit lasts 2 hours max so apart from throwing it in the bin it’s got to be worth a try the battery is £12 and there’s 2 wires to solder 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback about this @jmjcp and @Yanto36, and for sharing the good and the bad. I know the warranty policy is strict about time periods.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I know it’s out of warranty but if it lasted 2 days you wouldn’t mind but things like this is surely going to put people off buying Fitbit when you pay £200 for a watch and basically you just Aswell throw it in the bin after 2 years because it doesn’t last 2 hours even with 25% off a new 1 I wouldn’t purchase another Fitbit if they gave me 80% off because you know it will be unusable when the warranty runs out this is definitely the reason why Fitbit don’t sell the blaze anymore 

just google why don’t Fitbit sell the blaze anymore then you will see the amount of customers with exactly the same fault 

Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves and they should not be allowed to get away with selling customers faulty trackers that last 2 years if your lucky then expect them to purchase another you would have to be crazy to buy another just Aswell buy a cheap £10 tracker off eBay will probably last longer

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a tough choice. Most batteries I find, the reviews are mixed if they
fit or not
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the first 1 I ordered was too big but this 1 I ordered from Germany and it’s advertised as replacement battery for Fitbit blaze so fingers crossed should be here next week nothing to lose really if it’s wrong will send it back and if I damage the blaze changing the battery still haven’t lost anything because it’s basically unusable anyway 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback about the product and the Customer Support team @Yanto36

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well quick update on battery replacement changed the battery on the blaze put a brand new battery in I know they say you can’t but with a bit of soldering you can but even with a brand new battery still only lasts 2 hours with everything turned off so it’s obviously a software issue So come on Fitbit why don’t you sort this issue out for customers why can’t Fitbit at least let customers revert to the older software before the last update when a lot of users devices were working perfectly well because if it’s not the battery then it must be software related just like when apple had an update and it was draining the battery’s at least they brought out another update that fixed the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is crazy!! Not the first time I've heard it's software based...

I haven't found a way to roll back what release it runs either
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback and sharing the experience you had with the extra battery you purchased @Yanto36

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure how much support one will get with a discontinued model. I was a
Blaze fan for years, but I found that the Versa is better, in so many ways.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been looking a lot into this and there are so many users complaining that this battery issue was immediately happening after an update that it has to be a software issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Makes sense, might be my last go with fitbit. Knowing this issue is common
but not caring is a bit rough. Giving users a discount on a new watch is
kind of meh.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Saw a Fitbit ionic for sale on eBay 6 months old with a battery issue they were sent a replacement so trying to sell the faulty 1 obviously not just a blaze issue but across the board 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdinand,

I've been having issues with my Blaze battery dying suddenly as well. I've turned off heart rate monitor and all-day sync to help conserve the battery, but it will go from "battery medium" to dead with no warning. Is there a replacement battery for the Blaze? I've had it a couple of years and really like it. 

Thank you,

Sheri

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get a replacement battery but it’s not recommended by Fitbit because it needs to be soldered In I’ve just replaced my battery and it didn’t make any difference at all this is why I’m 99% sure this battery draining issue is related to a recent update and not the battery but Fitbit don’t want to know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Smeastman, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

jI'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the battery on your Blaze. Thanks a lot for all that you've tried to get it to last longer.

I checked with our Support Team and it seems that there is already a created case for you from January 7th. Please, check your inbox to find this email and to continue with the process. If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list.  I received my blaze as a Christmas gift from my kids last year.  Everything worked great on my old phone (LGV10).  When I upgraded my phone, found that it was no longer compatible.  I am HIGHLY disappointed.  

However, lately, it doesn't sync at all, unless I manually order it to. Even then, it takes several attempts to get it done.  What gives? I shouldn't have to get my weekly report only to see that NOTHING was recorded!!!!!  This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  

It's NOT what my kids paid for.  We need a fix for this Fitbit Fail.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue we are talking about here is the blaze battery where when people have updated the firmware or software on their tracker then the battery won’t last more than a few hours 

at first I thought it was the battery 

so I replaced the battery (not supposed to change the battery because it has to be soldered in ) but changed it anyway and still wouldn’t last anymore than 2 hours but to be fair never had a problem with connecting to my phone that could be a mobile phone problem and not Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes