Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery doesn't last

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit blaze for at least a year. My battery does not hold a charge for what is told that it does. What do I do for this ? Will Fitbit replace my blaze or replace and fix my battery?? Please let me know ! 

Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
156 REPLIES 156

🤔I know, it's not an actual eBay warranty. Because of the high defective
rates, people are now buying these units where they can get warranties.
Because, these have none what's so ever after a year, it's better to have
some protection offered, than none at all. I know you can agree :hundred_points: on that.😊

Best Answer

Ah, so I'd have to buy a new one to get the ebay warranty!  Gotcha... yeah, that might be the route I'd go...

And honestly, I'm torn for my next watch purchase, If I stay fitbit I'd have to go Ionic... but have always wanted a Garmin fenix for the look and functionality, they are just so pricey

Best Answer

Hello @Ashmash467, welcome to the Community forums, unfortunately Fitbti dos not offer individual batteries for the Blaze or any other tracker/watch. Have you also tried the steps mentioned here for problems with the battery draining too fast? 

Thank you for this information @Yanto36, @fcamillo, @Niecy17.

I appreciate all the details provided @MBeck9@JennaML could you please also confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here

@jmjcp, while sending your information to the Customer Support team I've been informed that you already have a case created with them and they're providing you with assistance with this.  I do recommend that you continue the assistance process with them so they let you know how to proceed. 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok guys I have news. so i managed to receive an offer of replacement for my Blaze. Made the order online on saturday, arrived today (wednesday), open the sealed box and guess what? there is no Blaze inside (only the charger) 😂

Not sure if this is a joke... lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it for the first 12 months of ownership you can charge your blaze how you want and it lasts as it should mine lasts about 2 hours with everything off just a glorified digital watch that lasts 2 hours  now you’ve got to charge whilst running the bath with the bedroom lights on and whatever other crap they come up with they don’t sell the blaze anymore I wonder why

Best Answer
I have tried everything in the articles and info provided in the forum. IT started slowly declining over the last week and it’s basically useless now holding a few hours of charge at the most at full charge each time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still close to 24 hours on a charge.  It seems to drop about an hour every few days...  so by the time I'll really need it for running outside in nice weather... useless

Going to start a new watch savings plan now.  Just have to decide which to get.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Depending on
The condition on your Fitbit you could always order a new 1 off eBay keep it 2 weeks then send your old one back as faulty

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit, hello, I am having the same problems ruth my Fitbit Blaze. The battery is lasting about 5 hours and getting worse every charge  I have had it for 2 years. Is there anything that can be done for me? 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yanto, not how I roll 🙂

It's gotten so bad though, about to find a battery replacement.  I had it at a 'full charge' last night at 11:30PM, put it on with auto HR to check sleep habit... it was dead before 5:30AM

That is just ridiculously bad!!!!  I did just get a new band that has a new carriage for the blaze, so switched out to an older carriage to see if that is the problem for some reason... this is nuts!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I know what you mean just a thought well I will let you know what it’s like to change the battery mine turned up yesterday and my mates going to change it tomorrow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's awesome Yanto!

I see they are only like $10 USD.  That is much better than $300+ for a whole new watch.  I'll just need a new tip for my soldering iron before I do mine 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the uk and ordered mine from China took a while to turn up but only paid about £8  and that was for 4 batteries so I’ve 3 spare

Best Answer

I'll check out ebay... I did see an Ionic for $120, but is without band and charger.  So technically would end up at $140.  Just wonder if there is any type of warranty from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the uk you can still buy the blaze they were selling them brand new in a shop called Argos  for £139 with 2 year warranty I was tempted to buy 1 then return my old 1 and say it was faulty then the shop would automatically send it back to Fitbit because at the end of the day this battery problem should be there problem not the customer to be fair but didn’t bother will just change the battery tomorrow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @fcamillo, I'm sorry to see about the inconvenience you experienced with the package being empty. I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team as soon as possible using the same case you already had created so they can provide you with further assistance. 

@Yanto36, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, you should be getting a reply soon. 

I appreciate all the details provided @Ryanhb, could you please also confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here, and a restart as well

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All good I got another one delivered after 3 days, very efficient and perfect customer support I must admit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news @fcamillo, thank you for the update. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got the battery opened the blaze only to find battery was wrong size so ordered a new 1 from Germany £12 made sure this was the right 1 should be here in about 5 days 

seems easy enough to do though

Best Answer
0 Votes
My battery continues to go downhill... will try replacing on my own, then
probably done with fitbit.

Support is so hit or miss it's ridiculous. And for a batteryissue, that's
silly.
Best Answer
0 Votes