Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905

Eventually all the customers will realise this crap. And will effect their sales on their new upcoming products. 

Best Answer

Hey @Masterkiller, a warm welcome to the Community.

The Blaze battery should last up to 5 days. We have find that in some cases the Blaze isn't charging properly, if you want to double check that you are charging right, check our How do I charge my Fitbit device? article.

Also, battery use is affected by various factors and settings. You can take a look at the following tips for preventing battery drain:

• Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your tracker and phone:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • Turn off Quick View in the Fitbit app. Since this feature causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning it off can prolong battery life:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
    2. Find the option to turn off Quick View.
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life.
  • Charge your tracker more often if you use music control or do FitStar workouts frequently. 
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • Don't use the maximum Brightness setting.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Blaze when it's not in use.

If the charging instructions and battery preservation tips don't help, let me know. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My Fitbit is as good as junk with the battery like it is. Once I get the replacement battery, it will be a fun exercise in electronics repair, but I can't justify Fitbit getting any more of my money.

Best Answer

@Masterkiller There are a growing number of us having the same problem, Look around at the forum. support will tell you that your battery is dead and try to give you 25% off a older tracker.  Can you try something for me?  When it is charged fully on the charger, take it off then sync it.  Then hold the left button and the bottom right button until the fit bit resets. When it has reset, sync it again and does it say your battery is medium?  I am convinced that this is a software issue, but fitbit support just gives answers copy/paste answers about cleaning charging contacts etc. lol  

Best Answer

@Bruudz wrote:

@MasterkillerThere are a growing number of us having the same problem, Look around at the forum. support will tell you that your battery is dead and try to give you 25% off a older tracker.  Can you try something for me?  When it is charged fully on the charger, take it off then sync it.  Then hold the left button and the bottom right button until the fit bit resets. When it has reset, sync it again and does it say your battery is medium?  I am convinced that this is a software issue, but fitbit support just gives answers copy/paste answers about cleaning charging contacts etc. lol  

Same exact thing happened to me. Battery no longer holds charge. Fitbit support only states you (we) are not charging it correctly or some other nonsense. Offers 25% off towards the purchase of a new device which has the same battery and we'll have the same problem in 13 months as soon as the warranty is over.

I am moving on to Garmin, they have a few NEW watches with a replaceable battery. Battery does NOt need any charging and lasts for 12 months then you can replace it. These are two tiny watch batteries.

Check it out for your-self they are Garmin Vívofit 4 and 3.

PS: Fitbit support you can keep deleting my replies but this will not help you. Since you are not helping your customers and throwing them under the bus, I will do the same to you. I will continue to spread the truth via all social media about your bad batteries and Garmin's replaceable batteries. 

Vadim - Brooklyn, NY
Blaze
Best Answer

@Masterkiller wrote:

My battery life last about a day, is this right?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

No that is not right. How old is your Blaze?

Vadim - Brooklyn, NY
Blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze used to work very well but since last two days it drains from full charge to zero charge within 6 hours. Earlier it used to last for almost 5-6 days.

please help as I love my blaze

Best Answer

Hey there @coolabhi99! 🙂 Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm very sorry to hear that your tracker is not working as it should. A normal Blaze will last for at least 5 days with a regular usage, so I've forwarded your case to the Support Team for them to take a deeper look and help you out with this!

Keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and if you need anything else, I'm here to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am also facing the same issue. My fitbit battery lasts for a day with normal usage. I have kept notifications off.. Bluetooth off... 

Best Answer

I've also had this same exact issue. I charge my blaze in the AM and by the end of the day it's dead. i contacted support and since I'm out of warranty, there's nothing they will do. If anyone finds a solution, please post!

Best Answer

I thought about opening this thing up. I'm going to find a battery and order it I'm sure my coworker has the tools to change it.

Best Answer

Hi! I am having the exact same issue. My Blaze battery has always lasted around 5 days but for the past week I have had to charge it every day! please help 🙂

Best Answer

This is not a solution.  Fitbit needs to post the findings so that all of us can benefit from this. My Blaze is having the very same issues.  Did Fitbit do a recent firmware update that is killing the batteries?  

Best Answer

Small world.  Had a similar chat with Fitbit customer service yesterday with the same issue.  They looked at my Blaze's history and determined it is not holding a charge.  My blaze is less than 2 years old.  The solution: Fitbit will give me 25% off a new device.  Expected a bit more than 2 years.  Seems like there are more than a few folks posting similar issues, all of which Fitbit seems to ignore.

Best Answer

My Blaze is 1.5yrs old.  It seems with all these having the battery problem around the same time that this may be the lifespan of these units.  From what I can tell on the forums here we all started seeing this around the same time (just recently).  And from your conversation with Fitbit they are not giving a real solution to the problem (which there may not be short of a replacement battery) then I will have to say good bye to Fitbit and take my business elsewhere.  25% off of another unit that is only going to give me 18months of service is not a discount...its a ripoff. 

Challenge to Fitbit: Prove me wrong...give us a real solution. 

Best Answer

You were spot on.. out of warranty of 1yr on a product that is 1.5yrs old they offer me 25% discount.   This is not a solution. 

They tried assured me that this 18 month lifespan is not the norm for their products.  

Its been fun. Really enjoyed the fitbit community and really liked the functionality of the app on my iPhone.  But after this. I guess I am going to look at Garmin, Apple, or some other fitness tracker. 

Best Answer

@Zepp3lin wrote:

It's hard to get the right size but if you're willing to do some soldering, the closest battery size you can get and fit it into the blaze is 3.7v 160mAH 302030 Lithium Polymer Battery. Size 3mm X 20mm X 30mm. Google this or search it on Aliexpress or eBay. This is your best bet. 
As for me I'm use to soldering so it's not really a problem. Good Luck guys.

do you think 402030 would fit too? heard some people did fit it in there and some said it is too big?

Btw great answer @WendyB ... everything can be fixed and a $5 replacement battery is the way to go instead of buying $200 new equip ... restarting and so on is nearly never the fix for battery issues ... =S

Best Answer

Hi, I’m also experiencing the same problem, Blaze completely dead after a few hours following a full charge. Seems like lots of us with similar issues, can nothing really be done? 

Best Answer

I'm on my second Blaze with this same issue. I had my first Blaze over a year but this second one I've only had 6 months.

Please resolve this issue Fitbit!

Best Answer

The Blaze uses a Lipo battery.  The Lipo battery technology from what I gather is good for 150-250 recharge cycles.   Going with a middle of the road recharge cycles of 200 and you charged it every 4 days you should be about 800days (2.2yrs) out of this battery.  I got 1.5yrs.  So it looks like I got a bit over 150 cycles out of mine before it started to fall off a cliff.  I say they may have a design flaw in the Lipo charging circuit in the Blaze that is causing a shortened battery lifespan.  Makes on wonder if they have this issue with their other products? Or did they fix this in newer designs and are no owning up to this flaw in the Blaze?   I asked them point blank if the Blaze was a lemon and they ignored my question.  Just said that it was not within the normal operational boundaries of their products. 

I still like the functionality of my Blaze and it still looks nice so I see no reason to discard it if I can fix it.  Since Fitbit won't I guess I will try.  $10 for a battery and $10 for tools. What do I have to lose if it fails? My Blaze is on its last legs anyway.   There is a pretty good iFixit guide on how to do it.  

Best Answer