Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery dying in a day after recent update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did an update a few days ago and now my Blaze will lose its charge in a day. I was able to go about a week without having to charge it and now I have to charge it everyday. I fully charged it last night and it is noon and already half gone. What is causing the drain and can I fix it?

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @summerc. Good to see you in the Forums!

Not sure if the update is what is draining your battery but to add to what @WendyB suggested, the battery on your Blaze should last for at least 5 days with a regular usage.

I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, reach out to the Support Team for them to take a look and once they can confirm that the battery is draining faster than it should, they will be happy to help you out and get you back on track.

Let us know if you need any more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me. Did you try the responses that came in yet? I'll try them as soon as it charges back up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. Great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your battery 😕 How long does it take for the battery to drain completely after you fully charge your tracker?

In the meantime, I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options for you to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. Great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your battery 😕 How long does it take for the battery to drain completely after you fully charge your tracker?

In the meantime, I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options for you to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your concern. The battery used to last over a week. Now it lasts about a day. I still have it on all day sync. Like I said, it's not worth having if it doesn't do what I bought it for.  It's been doing this since the end of April, and I did get the new samsung galaxy 8 at that time, so I think it's the same problem others are having. They are not compatable.
Thank you,Judy
Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner.  Thanks for getting back and I'm sorry I took a while in getting back to you.

What you describe is totally not the way that your tracker should be working so I went ahead and forwarded your case to the Support Team explaning all that you've told us for them to help you out with this and hopefully have you back on track as soon as possible!

Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and if you need anything else, I'm here to help! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe the tracker did not restart correctly after the uodate.. Try a restart and/or a shutdown. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've restarted it a number of times, it didn't make a difference. Thanks for trying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner. I'm sorry that didn't work for you 😕

Was the Support Team able to get in touch with you to help you out with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having battery life issues about a week ago and it is to the point now that my Blaze will show that it is fully charged but it is completely dead and turned off in three hours or less.  I have been trying to use online chat all morning but it isn't working.  I am at work so can't really call until I get home.  There is obviously something very wrong here.  Please let me know if anyone finds a remedy for this!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, mine didn't do that, but when I complained about mine on this forum, the monitor stepped in and had fitbit contact me. They did finally offer a replacement free of charge, just don't give up. If they give you an unacceptable answer at first, let them know how you feel, because they really do want to take care of the problems. Good luck.
Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing. I turned off all day sync and it lasted about 2 days for each charge, but it is inconvenient to have to remember to sync it before it dies. I am training for a half marathon but half the time when I want to run the blaze is dead and once I charge it I have to wait a while for it to figure out the correct day/time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @hollysho @CSYounce. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

@CSYounce, 3 hours doesn't sound any good at all for the battery to last! And in your situation, 2 days doesn't sound good either @hollysho. I'd like you both to please do something... I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options for you to get you back on track as @SunsetRunner said.

Let me know when you have done this to move forward and help you get back on track in the shortest time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have been getting the same issues with my fitbit blaze.  I charged it yesterday pm and I've just had a notification to say my battery is low! 

I am charging it every 24 hours!  This has only been happening since about April!  I have also just upgraded to a Samsung s8 and my fitbit doesn't stay paired to the phone!  I'm getting a little fed up with pairing and charging!

Best Answer

UPDATE:  I was able to chat with customer service yesterday and they issued me a replacement.  I guess they could see my charging history and it was as I had explained and had nothing to do with my settings.  They did say there was something wrong with the tracker too.  I am relieved they are sending another one.  I would recommend anyone else having these issues contact customer service - they were very easy to work with.

Best Answer

Hi there @Sharpetapp. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the battery on your tracker to last as it should and keeping your tracker connected. I was able to check with the Support Team and it seems that you already got in touch with them so keep an eye on your inbox and they will be reaching out to you as soon as possible!

@CSYounce, thanks for getting back and sharing this update! I'm gald to hear that the Support Team is taking care of this and hope to see you back on track soon!

Anything else you guys may need, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks,  I waited for it to die and then charged it fully.  It was fully charged at 5pm two days ago.  Now it says battery empty.  It hasn't completely died yet though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm still having trouble with it lasting more than two days on a charge.  I didn't wear it the past week because of a run in with poison ivy.  Is there a way I can get a replacement? Or do I have to buy a new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes