Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery failure and Fitbit's response

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having strongly criticised the organisation for their response to my criticism of a device failing within 18 months of purchase, it is only right that I follow up by telling how the company responded to my judgements on a "consumer survey". They contacted me to say I COULD now revert to the option of a replacement, which I did. However it WILL be subject to a limited warranty (i.e. no more than the original product 2 year warranty so it will expire in 5 months' time). I accepted and filled in the paperwork and lo and behold, 5 days later I now have my replacement Fitbit Blaze.....but NOT a new strap ! Nor a new charger lead.   How mean can you get?    I don't expect the replacement to go on much beyond next March without a battery problem. But I can't say Fitbit are alone on this. Looking at ALL the fitness trackers, Garmin, Apple, Samsung etc etc they ALL have a serious issue with battery life. So my advice to anyone wanting to count their steps is fall back on a cheap pedometer and a Timex watch. Because they are all, frankly, a con. And none more so than Apple with its 18 hour per charge cycle....but at least it charges on the strap unlike the Blaze.  It seems the manufacturers talk the talk....my advice is walk the walk WITHOUT an expensive toy. You'll be just as fit and your wallet that bit heavier. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Ok..............

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Mine hasn’t been holding a charge for the past few days and noticed a LOT of people on here are dealing with the same. It’s sad because I have enjoyed my Fitbit but will be looking elsewhere now. Thank you for sharing their response

Best Answer
0 Votes