Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery is at half life

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my blaze last night. I fully charged it and now at 930am the battery is at half life. I thought it's suppose to last multiple days? I turned off the quick view and heart rate monitor is on auto. Does the batteries on the blaze only last one day?? Need the communities help. Thank you

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In the app, it's very ...what's the word...inaccurate.  Pretty much as soon as the device isn't "full" the app says it's at half.  The app has 4 battery levels: Full, 50%, Low and Dead.

On your Blaze if you go to the Today screen (or pretty much any screen other than the clock face), you should be able to see a representation of the battery level in the top left corner. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@Leso   It should last longer - mine typically last approximately 5 days.  The only things I have turned off is quick view and all day sync.  Other than that, I use all the functions.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
I also turned the all day sinc off as well. Maybe I just look at it too much cause I just got it last night.
Best Answer

I did the same when I first got mine - had to figure it all out and test the settings to see what I liked best.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Yeah me too. And my heart rate monitor is set to auto as well. I am assuming that once I get it all figured out then I will be on it less and then the battery will last longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is now going on its 6th day after a full charge!! love the blaze on everything but vibrations are way way way to weak.

Best Answer

I have All-Day sync on, heart rate on Auto, quickview on, and text, call & calendar notifications on (I get a lot of text notifications, a few calls, very few calendar).  My battery lasts 5 days almost exactly. I don't use the music controls, maybe that drains more?  

I am on an iPhone, so your mileage may vary.

Best Answer
Wish I knew what the problem was. Thank you all for your help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would give it a few day or a week of use and see if it does not perform better.  The battery meter is not very dependable/accurate so use it for a day or two more or until you see the battery low alert and then charge it up and see if that helps!

A new toy does get used alot so that could have something to do with it also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you judging the half battery by the app or the battery indicator on the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah the meter on the app. I havnt seen how to look at it on the device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Meter is not real accurate.  Just keep using it.

Just swipe to the left and the meter is in the upper left corner of the Blaze screen.  I think it only shows full or 1/2 and then a red line when close to empty.

Even when you fully charge it, it can take a sync or two before it shows full charge in the app.  Just ignore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the app, it's very ...what's the word...inaccurate.  Pretty much as soon as the device isn't "full" the app says it's at half.  The app has 4 battery levels: Full, 50%, Low and Dead.

On your Blaze if you go to the Today screen (or pretty much any screen other than the clock face), you should be able to see a representation of the battery level in the top left corner. 

Best Answer
Thank you everyone for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Blaze the first of March.   It works great.  However, just in the last week, I have noticed that my battery doens't stay charged longer than a day.   It gives no notice that it is low, it just shuts down.   It is frustrating as it doesn't seem to be notifying me of phone calls or anything when the battery is low.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't set up my Blaze yet (its a birthday present for tomorrow) but my Charge HR seems to show full battery for about 12 hours, maybe 24 at a push, then 2 or 3 days the image on the app shows half full, then i get about a day on the red 'low' icon.... once its fully charged see how long you actually get before it dies rather than looking at the notification

Best Answer

On my Blaze, I charged it fully on Friday morning.   I received no notifications of low battery.  When I woke up Sunday morning, it was completely dead.    I charged it fully on Sunday.    When I got to work this morning, i just happened to notice that it wouldn't sync.   I looked, and the battery was red.     

Best Answer

eek! think i'd be calling fitbit to try and get a replacement, sounds like a faulty battery!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please remember that several things have to hapoen before you will get a low battery notifacation.

1. Your tracker battery needs to be in a low state.
  2. The tracker needs to tell the server that the battery is low.
  3. The tracker only speaks to the server during a sync.
  4. When the server receives the low battery notice it sends you an email.

Now if the all day sync is turned off then the server might not have recieved the notice of a low battery soon enough to warn you.

On the Blaze every screen but the clock does have a battery level icon. When yhe battery gets low the icon does show on the clock, for a reminder to charge.

For the app, it will only display the battery level during the last time that it synced.

The icon only has a few levels of warning, Full,  half, low, and panic.

Once my blaze battery was so low, that it turned off heart rate and the display, i was only able to see an empty battery, but the steps still counted fine.

Now if your battery is only lasting a day or two, i would suggest reaching out to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I think FitBit kinda fudges the time that the battery lasts, and it obviously has a lot to do with what you use your FitBit for, but one thing that confused me is that on the smartphone app, the battery icon is only mostly accurate. I experienced what you are with my Charge HR. It turned out that when I plugged it in, it was like 75%. The battery icon is a ballparkm not exact.

Best Answer
0 Votes