Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery is draining very quick

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time i charge my blaze then use it...my watch dies very very quickly

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Hi there @NikkiBaby91, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the late response. I'll be glad to help.

Please take a look at the help article Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? and follow the tips and recommendations provided there.

We recommend to charge your trackers via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. What may actually cause damage to the tracker's battery (either on a computer or a wall adapter) is the charging time, which if excessive over time may damage the battery and therefore cause quick battery drain or prevent the tracker from charging at all. 

Tips to best charge Fitbit trackers are:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port) 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem. My battery is lasting no longer than a day and a half. I have tried your tips and it's made no difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing the same thing. Today it started out a full charge and died after 5 hours. I turned notifications off right after charging it. Still ran down quickly. Can the batteries be replaced? I work in healthcare and rely on my Blaze. Please help

Best Answer

Mine started draining quickly yesterday. I usually charge mine on Sundays and Wednesday’s. Now it all of the sudden barely lasts half a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Wendijo@EchoLady, and @B3rtiebassett, welcome on board. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided above. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same problem for a couple months. Very frustrating when it dies after a couple hours. I’ve always used the charger it can with and tried all the suggestions mentioned. And have never charged more then a couple hours as I’ve worn it as much as possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is very frustrating.  Contact customer support. Mine was past warranty.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have completed all the required steps and my blaze still will not hold a charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit  customer service.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Blaze for about 1.5 years and the battery doesn't last for more than a day now. The last time it happened, cleaning and restarting helped but now it doesn't. I tried shutting it down, unpairing and then re-pairing and neither helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya I’ve done all that too. It charges fine but it just won’t last anymore. Frustrating cause I loved it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
As a last stitch effort, I have a replacement coming anyway, but I turned my phones Bluetooth off for a while. Then turned it back on and  synched my fitbit with phone...i am shocked! It has held a charge ALL day long! I have a new one coming.  I may pass this on to one of my kids. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try turning your phone's  Bluetooth off for a bit. Then put it back on and resync your phone.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
I've tried that already
Best Answer
0 Votes

@B3rtiebassett it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and since your Versa is still experiencing the same issue, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they sent you an email with some instructions.

Please reply to the last email they sent you so they can investigate further and assist you accordingly.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I have done all of the things that they have suggested and I'm still having
the same issue.

I find this very frustrating as I have been recommending Fitbit to friends
and family.

What else can I do?

I don't want to have to change brand but I may to as I am having to change
every two days ISH.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@B3rtiebassett What were the suggestions? I'm curious if there's anything I haven't tried already. I've stopped wearing my Fitbit as the charge doesn't even last the whole day anymore. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure it's charged fully. Syncing with mobile can drain battery. They
told me when it was last charged etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes