Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery is draining very quick

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Started 9-8-19 woke up to dead battery. Having to charge every 2 hours. Done all the  recommended things no change. Is there any truth that the update caused this?  I can’t afford a new tracker. Very unhappy 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @Chris96, welcome to the Community Forums. I totally understand how you feel. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you. 

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Blaze's battery prior to contacting us. Please confirm that you've followed the tips and recommendations provided in the help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

We recommend to charge your trackers via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. What may actually cause damage to the tracker's battery (either on a computer or a wall adapter) is the charging time, which if excessive over time may damage the battery and therefore cause quick battery drain or prevent the tracker from charging at all. 

Tips to best charge Fitbit trackers are:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port) 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all of that before I posted my problem didn’t fix anything. The watch is completely useless at this point but I was able to buy a used Blaze.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all of that before I posted problem. None of them is a solution to problem. I gave since been able to get a used Blaze I have not updated it and doesn’t have any issues. Currently afraid to update between this battery issue and the 3.6 problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing. I dont have to charge every 2 hours but it used to last me like 3 to 4 days without charging it. Now I'm lucky if I get through a day without it saying low battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Blaze for less than 12 months and the battery needs to be charged daily now since August, I have e-mailed Fitbit a number of weeks ago regarding this and got no response. I have also tried the troubleshoot options, which haven't helped. This was a replacement watch for the Charge 2 I had before it, it was just over a year old when it decided to stop working. I was very happy with the Blaze but I am now getting a very bad impression on Fitbit products due to the short life span of expensive watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I use the silent alarm to wake me up for the gym so as not to wake up my wife.  I woke up in the middle of the night to see that the battery was down to the red.  So, I got up and charged it at around 2:30am.  It's now 3:14pm and the battery is back in the red already.  I am NOT happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes