Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

A large problem on this forum seems to be charging/holding a charge etc. A few issues may be at play, @soldermonkey  has suggested that it is the cradle not having a protective mechanism that prevents over-charging of the battery. In addition, after replacing my own Blaze battery following @soldermonkey instructions and using it for two weeks, I think the issue may be compounded by the relatively low voltage of the Li ION battery. When a Li ION battery drops below a certain voltage, the battery will no longer charge and requires a boost. I have experienced this with a brand new battery, suddenly the dock no longer charges the device and it doesn't hold a charge. So it is important that you keep your device charged at least at 50% frequently.

The video below provides an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEfhPbqTDE

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@PhDerp thank you for your helpful and interesting post!  I am impressed that you managed to change the battery on your Blaze!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

My fitbit has been working great for a while.  Suddenly, it stopped charging fully and it drains really fast. i made no changes to my charging routine or location.  There are many issues with charging that began for fitbit users versa/charge/blaze and others that all began around April 2019.  

Best Answer
0 Votes