Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery life all of a sudden AWFUL!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze for a while now.  All of a sudden about a week or so ago, I went from having 4-5 days of battery life, to now only having about 8-10 hours.  Reached out to FitBit about the problem and they said that my trackers' warranty expired LAST MONTH! Of course!  Has anyone had any success in either changing the battery or reversing a battery life issue with a Blaze?  I NEED HELP!  Really not in the market to replace it at full price and already my second Blaze....

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Mine did that.  I went into my app settings and found it got switched to constantly syncing. I turned it off and my battery life went back to normal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, this is not the case.  Since my first post, the blaze has experienced all types of other issues.  The charge on the unit has dropped to about 8 hours before it died.  Then it started to freeze with just the fitbit logo on the screen.  This morning, it started to overheat and actually left a mark on my arm from the heat.  Now, it has just stopped completely.  Will not charge, turn on, anything.  Very disappointed.  And as I stated in the first message, there was no solution from Customer Service because they claimed the warranty was one month passed.  Sad that I'll have to buy my third fitbit in one year.  May have to consider a different company.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having the same problem with the battery life on my Blaze. And I bought it just over a year ago. I have been unable to talk to customer service due to my long working hours. But if they are unwilling to replace it I will be going to a different company for a tracker. It seems that the Blaze battery is poor do to all of the complaints I have read. I am unwilling to spend $200 every 13 or 14 months. I am wondering if you have experience with any other brands.

Best Answer

@RichC77 I assume customer service had you attempt multiple restarts already?  (holding left and bottom right buttons for approx. 10secs) 

Since you have had the other issues pop up (overheating, not powering on, etc.), I would reach out to customer service again.  Perhaps they can do a behind the scenes look to see if there is anything else going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I'm past that. Since the last post, the tracker has overheated drastically, getting up to 120 degrees and the display has stopped working. So, it looks like I'm out of luck. Too bad, because I was really enjoying it, but now having to buy a third in just over a year... Probably not going to happen... 

Best Answer

Yes, mine now only lasts about 4 hours.   Instead of a fix they offer me a 25% discount on a new one.  With no better customer support than that, I may just change to apple. 

Best Answer

I’m also having the same issue.  I already had it replaced once and the second one has lasted even less than the first.  I contacted customer service and their resolution was to offer me 25% off the purchase of a new one since the warranty has expired.  I am very hesitant to spend that much money on another product when they fail to last.  I was told their products are quality tested and made to last under everyday wear and even the most sweatiest workouts.....which is how I use mine normally and it has failed to hold up to those standards.   Very unfortunate. I would look at other products that will uphold and work as stated.  Customer Service is good as long as the products is under warranty but after that 1 year, your pretty much on your own......I know I can’t be affording to spend over $150-$200 dollars every 1-1/2 years on a new fitness watch.  Buyer beware!!

Best Answer
I had the exact same issue. If it is not serviceable, then I am going to invest in one that is. I loved my Fitbit, but that is not acceptable.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I had this same problem. 2weeks ago Fitbit app for iPhone 2.50 was released. Seems my battery life started to get terrible around that time.  Then yesterday 2,51 comes out and now my battery is acting like it did before. I have gone all day and I have only used a tiny bit of the battery where two days ago I would have had to charge it twice to get through the day. 

I think they messed somthing up in ver 2.50 of the Fitbit app that they quietly fixed in 2.51. Does not say in change log just big fixes and performance enhancements.  

Also so it appears Fitbit deleted my previous posts on my problem and the possible fix by changing the battery. Don’t know why they did this because the solutions they were offering were not solutions at all. 

Best Answer

I've had my fitbit blaze for 19 months now and the battery has gradually got worse so that it now needs to be charged every day.

Disappointing, but there doesn't appear to be anything I can do about it except throw it away and purchase a different make; one that is built to last longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes