Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not holding charge after firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Blaze has worked amazingly the last 1 1/2 years that I have had it and all of the sudden, since I did the update on the fitbit app on my phone 2 weeks ago it will not hold a charge for more than 2-3 hours. The battery used to last 4-5 days. On my app it says my battery is medium even when my blaze is completely dead. I have chatted with fitbit and they supposedly escalated my issues to another department and I was given a case number but I have not heard anything nor do I expect to.... but I was just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I seem to can't get any real help from fitbit customer service and I have went through the trouble shooting processes and have even bought a new charger. Nothing is helping. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Mine is doing the same and my watch is getting stuck on the Fitbit icon. 

Best Answer

Mine is freezing on the fitbit icon also. It's just all so random. I wish fitbit would do something to fix it. 

Best Answer

Same problem. Not sure it’s worth spending hundreds every two years to have a watch quit.

Best Answer

I agree....Fitbit customer support told me 2 weeks ago that it seems its not a firmware issue anymore it's just my battery and there is nothing more they could do. So basically I waited over a month for a "fix" and now I'm just out of luck...I'm not sure if i will purchase another Fitbit to replace my blaze, although i really liked it, I will be shopping around for another fitness tracker brand!

Best Answer

I googled and got the new battery from China, $10.00. After 30 min. Of my wonderful son in laws time, it’s still drawing after 8 hours. My blaze was 13 months old. I have been a loyal customer since 2010. I’m going to Apple! 

Best Answer

Mine has been dying within hours as well! If there's a solution to this I would love to know. Any chance fitbit would give us another blaze, despite being discontinued? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was 18 days past warranty and they would not do a thing. If you google, I fix it, a gentleman gives you detailed instructions on how to replace the battery, which has to be soldered on. I purchased a battery from China, $10, and my son in law with really small tools replaced the battery in 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. I can charge it but it runs out in 8 hours.

Andrea Krier
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow...I may have to look into that! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines the same, about a week ago I started having problems, wasn’t aware of the firmware upgrade. Wonder if that’s the problem. Do you need to plug it into a PC/MAC or does it do it by itself through phone Bluetooth? I’ll check the version now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same - year and a half old, and recently, from a week, is not keeping the battery for more than 4 hours. Even more - now I cannot change it because it is going to overheat in minutes on the charger... From the support, they have given to me a case number with promise somebody to reach me on mail but nothing till now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I am in the same situation since several days now - a week or something. My batter holds just about 8 hours maximum and that is not a battery issue. If it was a battery my assumption is that this will happen decreasing the duration it holds over time. This wasn't the case. A week and something ago it was holding 5 days on the next day - suddenly it holds about 8 hours and stuck on the titbit screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the battery problems you all are experiencing. I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provide there. Also, I would like to know how many of you have already contacted our support team?

See you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I fixed it, I went with an Apple Watch!

Andrea Krier
Best Answer

I have been contacted by the Support team and offered me a replacement tracker, which is on its way. 

Thank you,

Mladen

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn’t so lucky, but I solved my problem it’s called an Apple Watch!

Andrea Krier
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. On July 1st, the battery seemed to last for only a couple hours. I now have to charge it several times a day. The day before, it would last for days without needing charged. Something happened to make it turn so bad so quickly. This is very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow....that's awesome! Hopefully they contact me as well!!

Best Answer

Support team said no replacement on mine because it's over a year and no warranty. Was yours still in warranty so they replaced it?

I'm having exactly the same issues as many of you: frozen on Fitbit screen, drained battery in an hour or so, and it all started about the timeline you all are saying. Before that, my Blaze held charge for 2-4 days. 

On this community blog is a pink box admitting there are issues of data usage AND battery issue but their suggested fixes only relate to the data issue.

Getting very fed up with this. 

Also, the strap is deteriorating and wants to come apart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have bought mine from FitBit.com with 2 years warranty, so still in. Many people are saying Apple Watch is a solution - is not it too expensive in comparison with a simple tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes