Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not holding charge after firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Blaze has worked amazingly the last 1 1/2 years that I have had it and all of the sudden, since I did the update on the fitbit app on my phone 2 weeks ago it will not hold a charge for more than 2-3 hours. The battery used to last 4-5 days. On my app it says my battery is medium even when my blaze is completely dead. I have chatted with fitbit and they supposedly escalated my issues to another department and I was given a case number but I have not heard anything nor do I expect to.... but I was just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I seem to can't get any real help from fitbit customer service and I have went through the trouble shooting processes and have even bought a new charger. Nothing is helping. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Great work Mendy.  Mine was a month outside warranty, with the same battery life issues (except mine had gone from 4 days life to 4 hours, immediately following a firmware update).  But despite about half a dozen calls and emails with Fitbit customer support, they never offered me a replacement Blaze (free or discounted), other than a 30% discount which wasn't valid on any Fitbit models less than 12 months old!

Fitbit support - if you're reading this, the support you gave Mendy is what we all want.  If I'd received that support, I'd be out there saying what a great product and company Fitbit is; instead of periodically trashing your reputation due to the customer support failure and coincidental battery life degradation just outside warranty!

Best Answer

I truly hope that your case will be revisited with a more satisfying outcome. My Blaze was not in use very much. I purchased it on May 2/18, used it until Nov 1/18 and then it was not worn until this May again. I never utilized all its features either. I suppose due to the minimal usage and stats to show it, that Fitbit was generous and granted the replacement. Best of luck to you Mightyharbour.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Blaze is less than two years old and was doing great until a week ago.  First my sleep pattern went away and now my battery won’t hold a charge for more than three to four hours.  I personally can’t afford to go out and buy a new fitness watch every year.  I have enjoyed this watch up until now.  Now I am so disappointed. If the update destroyed the life of the battery, why did you do the update and shouldn’t we have been asked if we wanted the update?   Seems totally unfair to me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Blaze is less than two years old and was doing great until a week ago.  First my sleep pattern went away and now my battery won’t hold a charge for more than three to four hours.  I personally can’t afford to go out and buy a new fitness watch every year.  I have enjoyed this watch up until now.  Now I am so disappointed. If the update destroyed the life of the battery, why did you do the update and shouldn’t we have been asked if we wanted the update?   Seems totally unfair to me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to me that Fitbit has killed a lot of batteries with an update that none of us ask for.  Do they think everyone can afford to go out and buy new ones??????

Best Answer

@mahaley , exact same problem.  Worked fine, battery lasted 4 or 5 days, then suddenly, it’s no longer.  Went dead in less than 3 hours after saying it was fully charged.  I am angry at the way this whole issue has been handled and I am finished with this company. I’ve bought a different brand of tracker which does more than what I had, for less money and way better customer service.

Best Answer