Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went through every troubleshooting available, contacted support, did more troubleshooting & monitoring of the syncing. When all was said and done the basic conclusion was "yep it's bad, we can offer you 25% off since it's out of warranty".

I don't want to purchase a new $100-$200 watch every year or so, even if it was 75% off, let alone 25% off. If the watches can't be made to last, or have a battery that can be replaced like a 'standard' watch, stop making a product that is going to need to be replaced 6-12 months after your warranty expires.

Sorry, just very frustrating to love a product only to have it apparently being made not to last, doing a quick search of "Fitbit battery dying" it's obviously a very widespread issue. Almost seems borderline business ethics issue triggering a civil suit one of these days.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you around @jjensmo.

I appreciate the feedback provided about the Fitbit Blaze and sorry to hear about your experience with it. About the discount provided, I think that this is really good and that you can use in a tracker or watch that meet your needs.

If you would like an upgrade, now with that 25% discount you can consider to purchase the Fitbit Ionic.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the note/suggestion/offer, and the new models look really nice. But until I hear consistent feedback from customers of batteries lasting & not having so many issues a couple months out of warranty, I will have to wait & deal with daily charging and/or go back to a 'traditional' watch. I've had to charge my Blaze daily, very literally daily, for a couple months now. I only used to have the 'quick view' on, that was it and it worked for 4-5+ days and then had the 'heart monitor' on auto for a while...and then a couple months ago it'd die every day. I turned off the 'heart monitor' and the 'quick view' in hopes of better battery performance w/o luck. Resetting/off multiple times, always charging to full charge, cleaning the connections, having 'all day sync' & bluetooth etc all off, only even looking at the watch to check the time manually a couple times per day...still dying every single day. So, to spend pretty much any money, let alone $150-$250 some dollars on a product that I literally can't use 90% of it's features, or even it's MAIN feature of simply being a watch...no offense, but no, that is not a good deal. Sorry. As I mentioned, I love the watch(es) & the features & the app etc, but...it's just frustrating that it's not just a couple bad luck watches as doing searches this is a very huge/common/widespread issue. Thank you for the reply though...I hope whatever the issue is with the batteries is figured out and the brand gets a rejuvenated push.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an added update...my Blaze is still dying daily (which was my original subject line, not sure how "not lasting" is more clear than "dying daily"). Now on top of it simply dying w/o using much/any of the Fitbit's features, the past couple days the HR monitor green lights are staying on constant. I have it "Off" & synced, lights are on bright and constant. I changed it to "On" & synced, same. "Auto" & synced and it'll occasionally flicker, but it's still staying on & bright (not like normal where it's dim & flickering). So now instead of dying daily it dies a little quicker. I've tried restarting it, syncing it, shutting down, charging to full, etc...still dying daily and now the lights won't turn off. 

Obviously with this and reading countless other posts there are a LOT of issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully Fitbit can figure out the issues with the battery (and now this weird HR light stuck) in general and fix future production...vs causing customers to either dish out a couple hundred bucks every couple years or raking in extended warranty charges due to knowing the product won't last long. 

Sorry...just really really frustrating. The battery issue aside (well, also the inexplainable Blaze's "ACE" & "Circuit" display faces being cut off on purpose...not sure the sense behind having a watch that you can't see 10% of the clock even!!)...I love the Blaze & Fitbit in general. Just...frustrating. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes