Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After this last update, my blaze went from going from 3 days before needing a charge to dying after 1 hr of use. I use this for work, but now this has kinda turned into a brick. I am wondering if Fitbit is trying to force me into an upgrade? I have reset, had this die to no power, checked for any additional updates, tried thier help section, ect. Nothing helps. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, Fitbit is forcing you to upgrade. They've hired teams of engineers who are maliciously targeting you specifically and spend their days writing code to get on your nerves when the watch is technically running perfectly. In reality, your tracker unfortunately may be naturally running out of usable battery life which happens after 3-4 years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't being smart about it, it worked fine then the next day that was my result. It wasn't like it was a bit at a time, it was all at once. But thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed this as well as of Aug 26. I have to charge mine almost every 12 hours. Mine is 7 years old though. 

Best Answer

Blaze battery is easy to replace and currently only $7 on Amazon. These batteries are designed to run for around three years so, considering the age of the Blaze, we've all enjoyed bonus value. For less than 10 skins, I'd suggest trying the battery replacement, alternately you might get a discount on a new tracker if you contact Fitbit support. 

Best Answer

Yeah I did see the link on how to replace the battery and my hubby is pretty good at electronics. Might give it a go and if that doesn’t work I guess just buy a new one. 7 years seems like a good run but I have read some of the new ones dont last that long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jostorie fantastic, and he'll probably have fun updating it, I know I did (mostly the ear-to-ear grin on my face when I powered it up and it worked). Yes, I can't agree with you more and wish others in the forum felt similarly, 7 years is a wonderful run for anything electronic, especially wearable! Yes, I've read similarly about newer ones and when I buy new Fitbits I've been buying that extra insurance they offer that covers everything. I've never used the extra insurance but its peace of mind, and it's transferrable!

Best Answer

I unpaired and then paired my Blaze with my iPhone and now it seems to be working ok. Battery is on 55% after 2 days use. I also changed some settings. So whatever happened has been corrected.
Still looking at maybe getting a Luxe to try out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

buy a new totalizer from ifixit for my ein fitbit blaze watch. I replaced the lotator. put it on the charger to recharge - there will still be a red flashlight indicating that the watch needs to be charged! the watch does not charge. I took apart the watch, looked at the soldering. everything is tight. he puts it on the pusher again and the same result. the clock is all working perfectly but not charging!

why isn't my new fillet charging up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only two but can’t even make it a full day at work without dying

Best Answer