Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze bike recording

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze and have been reading all over but am still confused about bicycling.

I do not want to have any steps counted while I am cycling.  I am cycling not walking or running...I have goals to be on my feet that are separate from cycling.  I had a fitbit before and it would record meaningless steps while I was riding.  I want to avoid this.

If I put it in cycling mode will it not record steps, or must I remove the Blaze while cycling to not record false steps?  Sorry I could not figure this out from the manual, and I am not planning to ride again until tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

I 100% agree with you assessment. I did another hour ride today and the blaze only recorded on the exercise portion that it was an 30 minutes but but when i look at the data it has heart rate recorded for 1:12.  It again didn't record my route, max speed, or average speed.   So I am going to abandon using FitBit as any type of tracker for that activity.  Its a shame that they claim it does the job when it clear doesn't.  Thanks for the link to your post about other apps to try.  I will check those out.  Thanks for the extra thoughts everyone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tacitusdfrom which of the three types of recording modes did you use to record your run? 

Knowing this would be of great help in answering your post. 

Method 1: do nothing and let Fitbit decide. This possibly might not get the start and stop times correct. It also will not give you a map or miles. 

Method 2:,Use the multisport in bike mode without connected GPS of the phone. Start and stop times will be accurate, no moles or map will be shown. 

Method 3:,With multisport bike mode. Your phone is with you, the tracker shows it is connected to the phone. You'll get a map, and the Miles ridden. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all three methods.  Method 1 and 2 I am not frustrated with.  I don't expect either of those to do more than give me time, estimated calorie burn, and maybe a few steps.  Method 3 is the one that continually fails my expectations.  Over multiple rides it has not given me a map, miles ridden, average speed, max speed.  Bluetooth and GPS are booth turned on on the phone.  App is running on the  phone and has sync'ed with the blaze.  The blaze says "lets go" which is suppose to be the que for it being synced.  I hit play and ride, but not all the data is given.  It even skipped 30minutes of my last ride.  I am not in a remote area or an area with poor signal for the GPS to cut out and not be tracking.  It more or less boils down to some software issue.  I will continue using it to count steps for my free HSA money but other than that I am disappointed in FitBits experience vs their claims of what the device is good for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did 8 miles on my bike ...fitbit has me at 2 miles ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditch fitbits tracker for bicycle rides. I started using Strava and it's a lot better. Even the free version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gab813 was GPS connected tye whole time, what does tye map of the ride look like? 

Best Answer
0 Votes