Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze bluetooth turns off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Blaze keeps turning the Bluetooth option off in settings.  My phone bluetooth is on but my blaze keeps turning off the setting on my fitbit.  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

@lostallmarbles have you looked at the help manual yet? 

BTW some people do not like threads being hijacked. 

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Regarding the notifications issue that you are experiencing, I want to appreciate all the efforts if trying to fix this and would like to know if you have already tried the instructions provided in the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post? If you haven't, take a look at it and follow the steps provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

This happens to me everyday how can i fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Bluetooth setting on your Blaze @Koko1973 is only used for music control. is it controlling music are you having problems with controlling music on the Blaze? 

Best Answer
I dont use it for music the Bluetooth always turn off on my blazer.

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok @Koko1973 what type of phone do you sync through. if it is an iOS device the Bluetooth classic option on the Blaze is not needed, If you simply use the Blaze to sync the data and receive notifications, then the Blurtooth classic on the Blaze is not needed to be on. 

May I ask what type of problem are you having, other then the Bluetooth classic turning off. It has already been confirmed that you have no need for the Bluetooth Classic on the Blaze and that you have no need to turn it on. 

Best Answer
Samsung s7 i keep track of my walks with my blazer.
The Bluetooth alwaysturns off by its self, i have to turn my phone off and the blazer for them to pair.

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you refering to the Bluetooth on the Blaze, as the title of the thread suggests, or are you refering to the Bluetooth on the phone. 

Your tracker should sync even with the Bluetooth on the Blaze turned off. 

Have you checked the help forum. 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing.
Best Answer

Wrong, you can turn bluetooth off on a Blaze in the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the Bluetooth settings on the Blaze, the user is only able to turn off Bluetooth Classic. This would be the only type of Bluetooth available on Bluetooth 3.0.

The Bluetooth low energy that the blaze uses to transmit your Fitbit data to your Fitbit account cannot be turned off.

Your Blaze has 2 Bluetooth units. 

Bluetooth Classic, the bluetoothBthat can be turned off. is only used in controlling music on the phone. 

The Bluetooth Low Energy is always on. 

Try this test @Sally92887, on eh Blaze, turn the Bluetooth off. then through the Fitbit app force a sync. If Bluetooth on the Blaze is completely off .your sync will fail. 

Now if the user has an iOS device, the above does not pertain since music control works through Bluetooth Low Energy, motnthe classic. And this Bluetooth switch has been disabled and removed from the menu. 

Best Answer
0 Votes