Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - can't interchange classic bands?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just  saw on the accessory page that additional classic bands DO NOT come with a frame, though the leather and metal bands do???

That's weird, because how would I buy a different color classic band if there is no bracket to pop into? Or for that matter, how even to replace the classic band if it breaks?

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

You most likely just attach it to the frame that came with your Blaze. You can still switch classic bands and have all 3 colors if you want.

Most likely since you are paying more for the others they include a frame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which could be fine but I've seen no video of this type of disassembly nor mention of it, trying to find a picture of the underside of the  Blaze as I'm unsure how the classic strap is attached to  the frame, I thought it was glue wrapped..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit wouldn't sell extra classic bands if you couldn't switch them.

Best Answer

Here's a picture of the plastic band.  So looks like you need to change both pins out.  If so, then they are selling extra bands with a VERY DIFFICULT way to swap out fashion colors on the go.  Seriously, they need to offer a stand alone frame and/or include a frame with plastic band purchase otherwise not a viable nor practical solution.

http://vilogy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Fitbit-Blaze-Band-0-1.jpg

Best Answer

Yea, it's not a very easy thing to do. Not like the AW. The link bracelet also doesn't come with a tool set to take links out so you either have to buy a tool set or take it to a jewler aswell. For $130 I should get a tool set to do it myself.

Best Answer

Given the stylish and versatile on-the-fly look they are going for, they'd be wise to bump up the accessory price to include the frame with the classic band accessory and/or have the frame itself for purchase.

Best Answer

@11butterscotch

Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying a little but extra to get a frame with it or buy a frame seprately. If I'm switching bands I want to do it on the fly. Already having the band and frame put together will save so much time. I just pop the Blaze in and go.

Best Answer

I hope someone from Fitbit looks at this.  I too would be more than happy to spend more for a classic band with a frame already included.  I would not be too happy about having to fiddle around with taking a band off the frame and putting another band on.  Seems like it would be too difficult to do quickly.

Best Answer

I wpuld think that the classic band would come with a tool, or made on a way that they would easily be interchangable. In fact looking at the picture linked to above i see that it is not tour ttpical watch band and has an open notch at the side. This notch i bet would make the band eaaily removed.

2016-02-01_23.22.36.jpg

To me it seems like an unanswerable question until someone actually gets their hands on a Blaze.

Best Answer

the link bracelet doesn't come with any tools. Fitbit suggests taking it to a jewler or getting your own tools. But that's just for the links, I'm sure you won't need anything extra to switch classic bands.

Best Answer

@taz4352 I can tell you from personal experience that moving from one band to the other is relatively easy, and works a little better if you have nails to get the pins. Even without them, it's still easy enough to switch bands- once you hear that clicking sound, you're good to go!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

So I'm going to call it here first, "relatively easy" is not the same as the touted "Easily mix and match" aspect of color-changing classic bands. 

Dual pin removal and reinsertion is going to come back and bite Fitbit in the 'bit' so to speak,,, this is one aspect of the "smart" pop-out feature being dumbed down to a needless excercise resulting in lost / damaged / time-consuming frustration for color changing.

My opinion but you heard it here first, and luckily easily rectified by easily including a bracket with band purchase at some future point. Don't blame the messanger, you'll hear it from the consumer soon enough me thinks...start planning now. 🙂

Best Answer

Well, I don't have nails as a matter of fact so I guess I'll just have to wait and see just how easy or not easy it will be to change bands.  In my mind, it would have been a whole lot easier to include the frame and just charge more.

Best Answer

@11butterscotch wrote:

My opinion

Exactly.

Personally, I'm one of those who would moan endlessly about having to pay for a frame I didn't really need or want so it's 'horses for courses' as they say.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to have several frames with several band colors,  so that i could mix and match

Best Answer

I saw a cool sneak peak at upcoming frames and bands at CES @Rich_Laue. I think you'll be fine 🙂

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit

When you say upcoming frames AND bands, does that mean were getting some new frames as well and not just bands? Or were you lumping them together and it's just bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes

In their unboxing video, you can see a glimpse of how the bands are detached easily, around 2:35 mar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBFR-uT0nQ0%C2%A0 

Best Answer

I was just about to post this @adammiarka! Thank you for sharing this. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer