Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - can't interchange classic bands?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just  saw on the accessory page that additional classic bands DO NOT come with a frame, though the leather and metal bands do???

That's weird, because how would I buy a different color classic band if there is no bracket to pop into? Or for that matter, how even to replace the classic band if it breaks?

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Ok, I watched the video and it doesn't in fact look like it will be a long laborous process to change bands.  I stand corrected so far but the true test will be when I actually attempt it.  

Best Answer

Which video?  The video on their website or on Youtube that I've seen is for the leather band which is a matter of popping out and popping in so to speak.  I cannot find a video showing removal and reattaching of the wristband itself, which one has to do if chaning color classic bands (because you would only have one tracker 'frame' to use, but multiple color bands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@11butterscotch Video posted by @adammiarka for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBFR-uT0nQ0

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

@11butterscotch Video posted by @adammiarka for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBFR-uT0nQ0

Thanks Emerson, unfortunatly, the process of removing pins, reinserting pins, and reattching the band is not shown. Still waiting for that video for the whole 'easy' process to be revealed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

About the 2 minute 30 second mark the band is seen being slipt off the frame with a slight movement of the finger, and the replacement is easly slipt on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you see the moment when he easily slipped the pins out of one band and into another and then reattach the band?? Me either. I've changed watch bands before. Pins become squirrley, and futzing around with which band goes on which end of the device will become onerous. Not overly so, but enough to detract from the promise of easy band-color exchanging on a regular basis.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking at the picture the pins are not the typical watch pins. There is some sort of bump that the hand can manipulate.

At the end of 2:32 he starts removing the band, and it is off before 2:34.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading through all your responses, I feel that even if you did see a complete video of the process, you'd still not be satisfied.   The Withings Pop uses a similar apporach to swapping bands utilizing a pin/switch system.   It works well and you can swap them out easily.

Best Answer

I feel that's an unfair statement. I've only asked to see the process of exchanging a classic band. I've seen the exchange for a metal and leather band, and having used Fibit products and accessories, the weak link is often in the accessory not the device itself. 

Show me.  That's all I'm asking. Color coordination is great. Show me how easy it is for the classic bands, which is where the color is, given that leather and metal are different fashion emphasis re: materials not color.

I'd recommend to stop defending and in fact acknowledge the historical assessory weakness in bands, clasps, chargers, holstes, etc, and request to be shown also if you're interested in such color swapping. If you're not interested in color swapping, you're on the wrong thread and simply trolling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel fairly confident that if the Blaze is a success (and it looks pretty good to me) that soon extra frames, in different finishes and colours, will be available, so that if you find swapping the band without its own frame at all awkward. you will be able to buy an extra frame to go with your different coloured bands.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is fairly evident from the Abt video that the classic bands feature a spring-loaded pin on one side. A simple pull of the "nub' and out it comes.

My guess is the leather and metal bands are permanently attached to the frames which would explain them being sold as a complete unit.

Untitled.png 

Best Answer

Honestly that video clip is too short for anyone to know with certainty how the bands are swapped in and out. Sure it looks spring loaded, but the ABT guy or video editor conveniently skips part of the process. Without seeing the entire process we are all just guessing. While I agree it appears to be spring loaded, we are all just making assumptions.

Its not like the Apple Watch introduction where at 16:01 we see *exactly* how to swap bands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdyVH5LqneU

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Not sure if this warrented it's own thread or not. Mods can delete if it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-oQliSf6Y

Best Answer

@matt9013 thank you for posting, this should answer many questions.

It looks like the Blaze does have to be removed from its frame making me think that thr band is locked in while the Blaze is inserted in the fram.

I've moved your post to the main thread, and combined the cross posting, which not only is against rules but makes it hard to recieve an answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a close up video showing how the band is changed. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-oQliSf6Y

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received classic bands yesterday, very difficult to swap bands without the frame

Best Answer
0 Votes

Taking the band out is relatively easy but putting the new band in is very difficult

Best Answer
0 Votes

there are two spring loaded pips on each side of the starp to pop the classic bands on and off so you dont need the case for each classic band 😄

@11butterscotch wrote:

So I just  saw on the accessory page that additional classic bands DO NOT come with a frame, though the leather and metal bands do???

That's weird, because how would I buy a different color classic band if there is no bracket to pop into? Or for that matter, how even to replace the classic band if it breaks?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed bands and it is easy peasy!

Best Answer
0 Votes