Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze consistently undercounts steps by 30% to 50%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been happenning while I exercise, and at first I was confused because the symptom of this condition was the fact that my Blaze was traking the distance that was way off. As I was trying to figure it out, I realized that the problem was much bigger - Blaze is undercounting my steps by as much as 50%.

I am not tracking closely enought to say definitevely whether it undercounts steps in everyday activity, since it is harder to track, but what is happenenning under closely monitored condition of exercise is quite evident that I am not getting the number of steps I do when I either power walk or run.

I contacted FitBit Support and got one of those maddenning responses, along the lines of "fitbit is not designed to measure distance". Yeah, so you mean my stride is 50" (I am 5'3")?

This is not really a question. My regret is that I have not been able to figure this out before the return policy on this piece of junk run out.

Comment to the snapshots:

Health App counted 4,004 steps between 4:15 and 4:45 pm.

Health App steps

Blaze counted 2,857 (71% of actual).

Blaze step count

Here is the difference in dinstance between FitBit estimate based on foulty step count and GPS.

1.61 miles vs 2.93 mi

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hi  

Thanks for your interest and for following up.

I allowed the Blaze to auto detect 😞 making it all the more disappointing.

I have to say, though, that overall I love my Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked with Fitbit last night and they are sending me a new one.  I don't have high hopes, as I'd be surprised if it was the sensor that defective (more likely a design flaw.)

Wondering if anybody had luck with a replacement blaze.  I'll give it a shot, then move on to something new if it's still 20+% off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Likely that's just the way it is for you.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone still having this issue? I just got a blaze but still had my old tracker (jawbone) so I decided to test them out together to see how consistent they are and noticed a big difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrous87 chilehead two posts above returned the Blaze (he tried 2 of them) and picked up a Charge HR, and that resolved his step counting issue.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes