Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze counts steps on MTB and Road Bike

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

I´ve tried a lot of things but i can´t get my Fitbit Blaze to not count steps when i have a MTB og Road bike tour.

Is there something i´ve missed ?

The problem is there on both MTB and Road bike, to day i had a road bike tour for 26 km, and i had ~ 2500 steps

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Community @DuvalDK. At the moment of doing biking, you are not actually walking, so your tracker won't registering that much steps. To check if it is being accurate at the moment of walking, you can walk 100 steps and let me know how many your Blaze registered. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

About the only way to have it stop counting steps is to not wear it while on your bike.  Without a doubt some of the bumps from riding you bike will make it count as a step.  I get over 1000 steps when mowing on my riding mower.

The Blaze does not know what you are doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know but thats the easy way 🙂

I would like Fitbit to make a option to turn "count step" on/off in the bike excise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not hold your breath.Smiley Happy

All of it's trackers do the same, it is just the way it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the idea @DuvalDK and @GregJaxFL thanks for stopping by.

If you want to have steps while you are biking, I recommend taking a look at the Biking miles conversion to steps request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Happy stepping. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes