Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze doesn't work when I take it off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had a brand-new unopened Fitbit blaze since 2019 that I’ve been saving for when my other blaze dies.  Well it finally died, so I decided to set up the new one. I put it on the charger and went through the set up in the app and everything seemed fine. I left it to charge overnight. This morning it doesn’t work when I take it off the charger. When I put it back on the charger it shows that it has a full battery. I have tried my old charger and my new charger. I have also tried pressing the bottom right button and the left button at the same time for 10 seconds, but nothing happened.  Please help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @SunsetRunner, Li-ion batteries contain a protection circuit that shields the battery against abuse. This important safeguard also turns the battery off and makes it unusable if over-discharged. Slipping into sleep mode can happen when storing a Li-ion pack in a discharged state for any length of time as self-discharge would gradually deplete the remaining charge.

This seems likely the case. I've read about it on here over the years, but haven't experienced it. I've never read of anyone "waking" the battery on a Fitbit once over discharged. I have 4 older backup Fitbits that I charge Monthly to prevent over discharge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes