Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze dongle not in box

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Trying to set up my Fitbit blaze it hasn't got a dongle but is asking for one in order to set up.
Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Dear Ladybug242,

Some people, like me for instance, don't own a "smart" phone, and were told "no problem, you can use it with your Windows PC". Apparently, like in my case, they aren't told the PC must be running Windows 10. Some people, like me, are still running Windows 7.

I trust that satisfies your curiosity and answers your question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running on Windows10 but it still will not let me set up. I don't understand why

Best Answer
0 Votes
I set up via my phone and that worked. Seems silly that they talk of a dongle but dont send it to you 😕

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Thanks. Did get it sorted. Just a bit confusing at the start. Have a fit year

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yah it took me like 3 hours, lol. I was able to change the clock face too

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so much total bull**ahem**!!

Nowhere on the box does it state that I need a smartphone or to purchase a secondary device to actually use the watch. For what I paid for the **ahem**ing thing the dongle should come with it! Well this piece of **ahem** is going back to the store in the morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because not everyone has a cell phone or want's one, and your jerkyness is coming from the fact that you assume that everyone has one. Many of us just have a PC and want to use that, but nowhere on the packaging does it state what is required to set the watch up to be used, so it's not too surprising if someone thinks it's ready to go out of the box. That's the first PITA. The second is that for the price of the phone not supplying a dongle is plain stupid, it would add what, an extra buck or two to their costs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gezzer sorry that you where not aware, if you have a computer with built in Bluetooth no dongle will be needed. Of course you could reach out to Fitbit, they have been known to drop a dongle in the mail. 

The manual is availible to all, you don't have to have the tracker to get it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes