Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze has died after only 1.5 years

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a little over a year of using the Blaze routinely, the heart rate monitor stopped getting my heartrate. I could see that the little green lights were no longer displayed. Then, after about 2-3 months of that, the Blaze has completely died and will not turn on fully (even after sitting on the charger all night). IT indicates that the clock face failed to load.

Basically, my Blaze has died after only using it for 1.5 years. Is this expected behavior? I would think that a $175 electronic watch would last longer than that. My Polar watch and heartrate monitor lasted many more years than that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No, that is not expected behavior. Many things could account for that. The battery dying is one possibility. Lithium ion batteries can be permanently damaged if allowed to completely discharge. Charging too frequently can greatly diminish battery life as they have a limited number of charges. As an example, putting your phone on the charger when it is already 80% charged or higher wastes one of those limited charges. Waiting for it to go below 50% before charging will extend the battery's life span. 

Have you tried restarting it: restart

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done a couple of resets and a couple of different times sitting on
the charger. After I didn't touch it for a few weeks, I left it on the
charger for about 6 hours and then the watch would turn on. It's a
different clock face than what I had configured, but that is fine. However,
the heart rate is still not being found and I no longer see the green
flashing lights on the bottom. I have tried cleaning it but nothing makes
the flashing green lights reappear.
Best Answer
0 Votes