Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze inaccuracy issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While I'm very happy with the stylish look of this smart watch & tracker, there are a few functional inaccuracies that have really disappointed me since I had bought this at the beginning of last year.

Firstly, it repeatedly fails to sync with my phone! And this mishap began almost as soon as I'd bought it! I have done everything possible to rectify the situation all to not much avail. I have numerous times reconfigured it as a "new Blaze" but still the problem presents.

The other issues are the unbelievable inaccuracies with calorie counting, HR, and sleep tracking. I have consistently monitored all of these variables and found that Blaze is ridiculously inaccurate. Firstly, my resting heart rate should be around 45- 48 bpm but it consistently gets it wrong and says HR resting is anywhere between 62-68, which btw, is way too high for me as I train almost daily and have been for a good number of years now.

Also my discipline is a high calorie burner so I'm perplexed why with all the constant activity and high intensity training I do, the most calories in one day are recorded as somewhere around the 3000 mark! Actually, I should be, on my more intensive training days scoring anywhere between 4500 and 7000 but no! This tracker does not record everything! And here's me, under the impression when I was reading the specs that it was going to record all the activity I do.

The other issue that tells me this watch is way off the accuracy dial is the sleep counter. The other night I went to be at 11:30, probably got to sleep by 12am and slept thru til 8am. The sleep record for that night logged a mere 3hrs total down time!! Now, this by no means is a once-off as this inability to measure the physiological patterns accurately enough insofar as sleep goes is around 5 inaccurate ones out of 10 readings on average!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to have you here @Sueiyinh.

I am sorry to hear about the accuracy issues you are experiencing with your tracker, thanks for troubleshooting them by yourself. Please take a look at the following help articles and follow the instructions provide there:

I hope the instructions provide in those article help.

Keep me posted. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for your reply and your suggestions. But I am rather upset that someone else posted a rather unfriendly reply to my post just after yours. This man with a profile name of MarkMM was calling me "narcissistic" and I feel this is an attack on the integrity of my personhood. It's not only untrue but also uncalled for since these forums are not the place for abusive people to come and try to ruin the experience for others. I would really appreciate it if you would remove his reply to my post as it does not align with the ethic of good-will that should prevail in public forums. I have flagged his post also.

Regards,

Sueiyinh

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so thankful, after all my efforts at getting those truly nasty posts removed, thanks to the Fitbit Customer Care team, they are finally gone! This forum should only be a place of respect and friendly conversation regarding experiences with using Fitbit devices between everyone who posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes