Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze incorrectly labeling activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For walks I use the activity tracker option on the app on my (Android) phone. I always select walk and have cues set for every half mile. All that seems fine, except that when I finish the walk and complete the activity (on the phone) it has been saving it as a Run. It didn't use to do this - I've successfully logged walks in exactly the manner described above. Fitbit was very good in assisting me to sort out what was going on (including sending me a replacement 'pebble'), but the new one does exactly the same.

I thought it might be a fault with the exercise auto-recognition so I deleted run off the list but it persisted in doing this. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app and logged out and logged in again to the app and the desktop version (which I can't believe is implicated in this, given the error shows up on the phone as soon as I complete the activity).

Of course, I do realize that recording a run won't miss anything since a walk is just a very slow run, but it's frustrating that it used to work (with exactly the same h/w, s/w combination) but now it doesn't.

Has anyone else seen this 'phenomenon' and, if so have you worked out how to 'fix' it?

Regards, Chris Atkins

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Have you updated your android fitbit app to 2.89 yet ?

I ask as this problem was a known bug but the following thread suggests it was fixed with 2.89:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-app-incorrectly-recording-walks-as-runs/td-p/322...

Best Answer
0 Votes
SteveH,

Thanks for drawing this to my attention - I am a little amazed that the
support people trying to assist me weren’t aware that this is/was a bug.
However, to address your question specifically, yes I have the latest
version - I did mention that I’d uninstalled and reinstalled the app in my
description and I’ve checked that I have version 2.89. I will follow up
with the solution post that you referred me to. Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes