Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze is disposable technology

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From my Amazon review

UPDATED June 2017.  Dropped to one star.  Turns out it is disposable technology.  The battery will no longer hold a charge.  It runs out in a day, which means it needs to be charged every night.  And of course it is out of warranty.

Further, when I contacted Fitbit, I had a terrible experience.  I was on chat for over an hour, during which I was offered 25% off a new Blaze.  BUT...they were already having a sale, so the 25% off price I was offered was more than the sale/retail price online.  And the offers could not be combined.  So my only option was to purchase a new Blaze at retail price.  (Which I did not).  I don't want to pay $150 per year for a tracker.   We went around and around and around, I was offered free shipping multiple times (shipping was already free), 6 months of premium membership at FitBit multiple times (which is useless), and the rep kept insisting he was giving me the full discount, yet every link he sent me gave the the sale/retail price.  Then he offered a free band plus free premium membership.  A band!!!  It was exasperating!

At the end of the day, they lost a customer over $37.50, which is 25% off the sale price of 149.99.

The lesson...be wary of initial reviews of a product.  Check them out right after the warranty expires!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sad to hear of your experience. My Blaze is well over a year old and has no issues holding a charge.  Lithium technology is an interesting technology and there is a finite number of recharge cycles available to them. Best practices are to only use the communication features you need, charge only with green dot USB chargers or standard laptop USB (never a hub), charge only when your tracker requests it, never for more than 2 hours on charger as heat is the lithium's soft spot, and try to never let your tracker fully drain to empty.

I did offer a suggestion in the features section that may address your experience.  Must not be too terrible a concern as it has only garnered a single vote, my guess is folks do generally understand, and accept, lithium cells only last 2-3 years when they invest in a tracker - sort of like the portable drill(s) you get every fathers day 😉

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Blaze battery as well. I went online and saw that there are many posts of people having the same problem and don't want to spend $200 every year on a new one. I'm extremely unhappy with the quality of the fitbit products right now. I had a Charge originally but the band fell apart in 6 months. They replaced it and the new one did the same thing. After the 3rd Charge I decided to try the Blaze instead. Now my Blaze is dead in 3 hours. Of course I'm conveniently over the one year mark so too bad for me. Fitbit seems to have made all their products to just barely last a year (if that) and then go to the garbage. Which is fine if the price matches the quality.

I'm definitely not spending $200 on something that only last a year again.

Best Answer
0 Votes