Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze is not working with Microsoft app on Win10 or any M$ Mobile device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Really sad but thru. If you like me like windows 10 then just go to a store and buy some Patience.

Fitbit Blaze isn't working with any microsoft device / app YET. Unfortunately Fitbit doesn't know when the will solve it. Of course we are last in the line!

So I put my Fitbit Blaze in my draw and will check back next month...  

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18
Not really sure what problems you are having @KoningToon as it works fine on my Surface Pro and 950XL. Would you care too expand?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KoningToon I'm not sure what is being reffered to either.
Is your Blaze not syncing to Windows phone, this djould work.
Are you reffering to notifacations?
Yes this is a documented, and will need a work around with the MS operating system, which is not compatable with the notifacations protocol that Fitbit choose to use.

For notifacations Fitbit doesnt know how to talk to the wondows phone, and windows doesnt know how to talk to Fitbit.

Best Answer

While I can sync my new Blaze with my Windows 10 laptop (I have to use the charging cable, as it's an older pc that doesn't have Bluetooth), but the Fitbit app on my Lumia 1020 won't display the Blaze as an option to sync a device. I called customer service today (3/4/2016) but I didn't get any answers. As far as the CS rep knew, it was a totally new problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ThaneM is your 1020 running 8.1 or 10? It is an old device, not really suited to 10, though it does work on it, just. But the processor and RAM on it isn't really up to the job. However that said, the Blaze is optimized for 10, so if you've 8.1 on it, unfortunately you might not see the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KoningToon welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 as @SunsetRunner mentioned the Fitbit Blaze is compatible with the Windows 10 app and the Fitbit Connect software. Also @Rich_Laue mentioned that if you are using a mobile device the call, text and calendar notifications are not available for Windows phones. @ThaneM did you try to uninstall the app on your Lumia 1020 and then install it to see if the Blaze shows on the list? 

I'll be around if you have any question! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not 100% sure but I believe he is talking about the actual Microsoft Fitness / Health & Fitness app that comes on Windows 10 devices not using Fitbit software on Windows devices. 

I have tried messing with this too, but I think that software was added to Windows for the Microsoft Band. It may be some time before we see outside devices working with it. It would be like using a Fitbit Aria with Garmin. Just not happening!

Best Answer

Hello @Alyusha it's nice to see you around! We will have to wait and see if @KoningToon is talking about Microsoft Fitness or the Fitbit app. 

Hope to see you around more often! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Microsoft 950XL Win 10 and I cannot get my blaze to sync at all.

It shows connected but never syncs.

Sync icon just spins forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well. After adding the blaze to the device running windows 10 (for me it was a laptop) the blaze was unable to sync. It would spin and spin and then would say that the device was not linked to my account and that I had to remove the device and add it again. I decided to not attempt to use the windows 10 app and opted to only sync with my android phone which synced just fine. I'm not sure what the issue is with the windows 10 app but last time I tried using it, it took hours out of my day and a couple phone calls to fitbit support to realize that I had to stick with the andoid app and not even attempt to sync to my computer. My only advice would be to call support and see what they can do. And replacing the fitbit won't solve the problem as it's an issue with the compatibility of the windows 10 app, in my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@MikeWilly I wish I could offer something more concrete but as I've just sold my 950XL I'm stuck with saying it worked fine with mine. Have you got the all day sync switched on (or whatever it's called, as now I can't check these W10 things out anymore)?

I'd suggest removing the app, doing a reboot and then reinstalling the app. Provided the Blaze is set up in your account ok, it should work after that. There will be a dialogue pop-up asking for permission to connect the Blaze but that's a one off. Sorry, trying to help form memory isn't the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeWilly@fudge22 and @SunsetRunner, it's great to have you here! @MikeWilly If your tracker is not syncing, make sure your mobile device software is updated to the latest version Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and you have a stable Internet connection. If you do and your tracker is not syncing, the steps shared by @SunsetRunner should help you get back on track! 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just upgraded from my Charge HR to my Blaze! Loving it so far... but sad that ONLY the Text & Phone Notifications from my Windows 10 Mobile phone do not synchronize. Any idea when Windows & Fitbit will talk to solve that old issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze is syncing with my 950 without any problems...I setup the blaze through the Fitbit app on my old laptop running windows 7...my only issue is when I have the 'Bluetooth classic' switched on and by phone won't connect to be Bluetooth in my car probably (the music on my phone want play through my cars stereo system)...when I switch off Bluetooth classic on the blaze I'm able to listen to music though the cars speaker again...
Best Answer

Hello @ginopalomo and @gamtab it's great to have you here! 🙂 @ginopalomo I searched on the Feature Request board and found the idea: Call and text notifications for Windows Phone take a moment to vote and add your comments to the idea. @gamtab thanks for sharing. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Best Answer

@gamtab just have a thought to check. On the BT settings of the 950 does the Blaze Classic show up as an input device, it does on an Android. 

If it doesn't show up as an input that might be why there is a con flick between the Blaze and the car.. Only one output device can be attached to the phone at a time. 

Best Answer

The notifications is not working on my Surface Pro 4 with gmail

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kosmoplasma do you get other notifications? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that S8 is looking better every day!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes