Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze isn't auto tracking my sleep.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife recently decided to upgrade both of our Fitbit devices to the Blaze. Mine arrived last Friday (March 18) and, after a quick stutter with synching the first time, it was set up and running. Nice look, nice features. However, I noticed the next morning that it had not properly logged my sleep overnight. It stopped tracking at 3:10 a.m. Just a glitch, I decided, and thought no more of it until I woke up Sunday morning and found no sleep logged for Saturday night. This repeated on Monday morning.

In an effort to solve the problem I have reset the device (along with turning the HR monitor off and back on, with the necessary syncs), and experienced partial success. Last night my sleep was tracked accurately until 3:27 a.m., after which there is no further sleep logged. I have searched this forum for a solution but haven't found anything that has been of use.

If it's of any consequence, my previous tracker was the Flex, and I am syncing to a Galaxy Note 4. I'm still running Lollipop, as AT&T hasn't rolled out the Marshmallow update yet.

The box said "Requires Windows 7 or better", so I installed Linux!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just an update. I phoned support yesterday afternoon and there was one more thing to try last night. Sleep tracking was switched from normal to sensitive, but the Blaze still logged only an hour of sleep. It has now been determined that the heart rate monitor is faulty and the unit is being replaced. 

I normally hate dealing with customer service, but have to say that this was one of the better experiences I've had. I was asked which trouble shooting steps I had taken, and wasn't asked to repeat them. I appreciate not being walked back through steps I've already taken, as if somehow I wasn't smart enough to do them right on my own. I'm looking at you, Centurylink!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I don't know what happened yesterday,  i woke up at 5:30, sometime later fell back to sleep and woke at 11:30. Even after a couple of syncs , sleep only showed to 5:30, on the app and web. It wasn't until 6pm that the second sleep period apoeared.

No answers just giving my experience.  It was  over 6 hours before the second sleep cycle showed.

Best Answer

Just an update. I phoned support yesterday afternoon and there was one more thing to try last night. Sleep tracking was switched from normal to sensitive, but the Blaze still logged only an hour of sleep. It has now been determined that the heart rate monitor is faulty and the unit is being replaced. 

I normally hate dealing with customer service, but have to say that this was one of the better experiences I've had. I was asked which trouble shooting steps I had taken, and wasn't asked to repeat them. I appreciate not being walked back through steps I've already taken, as if somehow I wasn't smart enough to do them right on my own. I'm looking at you, Centurylink!

Best Answer

So I finally made a lepth of faith and went with the Blaze. Have had it 3 days...regretting thhe decision. First night tracker 56 minutes of sleep between 6 and 7 a.m. what happened to the other 7 hours I was sleeping?  2nd and 3rd night no sleep tracked. Please tell me I am missing something in the settings or something.

Best Answer

Hello @SJ65@LairdGoolsby and @Rich_Laue, it's great to have you here! 😉 @SJ65 I'm glad to hear about your experience with customer support, they are the best! 😉 @LairdGoolsby  I would recommend to review your tracker settings and if you have your sleep sensitivity set to "Normal" try change it to "Sensitive" or vice versa. You can also try to restart your tracker.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I just bought my Blaze and anxiously checked the app this morning to see how I slept...unfortunately I was surprised to see nothing recorded during the night.  I'll switch the sensitivity and provide an update tomorrow morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChristopherF welcome to the Fitbit Community! When you sync your tracker it might take some time for the sleep log to appear on your Dashboard. Keep me posted about what happens when changing the sleep sensitivity. 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 😉 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again,

I changed the sleep sensitivity and the results are better.  The reason for no data from the first night was a sync issue.  After resetting the device, I was able to get it to sync properly.  With the sensitivity changed, the level of detail seems more accurate than before.  All appears to be working as designed now.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChristopherF It's great to know your Blaze is working as expected and recording your sleep! 🙂 Have you tried the new sleep feature? Now you can set a sleep schedule in the Fitbit app to help you meet your sleep goal and maintain a more consistent pattern of sleep. To read more about this click here

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze suddenly stopped tracking sleep last week!!! Anybody know why?
Best Answer

@Lauren0610 wrote:
My Blaze suddenly stopped tracking sleep last week!!! Anybody know why?

HAs this been resolved as am having the same issue with Blaze Auto sleep tracking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to track my sleep, not sure how! Have to turned off Bluetooth? Although it now tracks my sleep, I no longer have my heart rate tracked!!! I believe that Fitbit's servers are overwhelmed, so they randomly shut things off! Just my theory...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Lauren0610 @GG007, good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having issues tracking your sleep and heart rate. I  can recommend restarting your trackers. For that, press and hold the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and the display will start to dim. After that, just press any button and the display should come back on and try it out and see if this makes any difference.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep is being tracked, but still no HR! What's the problem?

Thanks,

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for getting back @Lauren0610. I would just like to know where is it not tracking your HR? Is it in your sleep records or HR doesn't show in general? Is there any chance you can attach a screenshot of how it looks for you the HR section? Is the Heart Rate monitor set to On or Auto in your settings? I'll be looking for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am attaching a screenshot of my dashboard. I have tried setting the HR
to both On and Auto, with no difference in the result. This has been this
way since 8/20/16. I spent good money for this feature and I want it to
work! This is the second Fitbit device that I've had unresolved problems
with!

--
Thanks,

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Lauren0610. Thanks for getting back!

I'm not able to see any attachment on your reply but if you're still having problems with the HR not showing on your dashboard and you've already tried restarting your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right button for 10-12 seconds and resetting the hr monitor from off to on, I would recommend getting in touch with the Support Team directly from them to take a look and see what is going on and get you back on track!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the tracker has been restarted, and still not sex texting sleep, I would suggest adding the tracker as a replacement device of itself. This will not hurt and has fixed some problems. Doing this will force a refresh of the tracker, since fitbit is treating as if a new tracker is being attached. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried updating my sleep tracking from "Normal" to "Sensitive" and there is no Sleep Tracking option within the Settings in the app. When I tried changing it while logged in to the website on my desktop, I couldn't select "Sensitive."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @amy_42! Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

What type of phone are you using? You will normally find these settings by going to the Account section at the bottom right corner. Then scroll down to Settings. Go to Advanced Settings and almost at the bottom you will find the option that says "Sleep Sensitivity". Make the changes here and make sure to sync your tracker after you've made the changes and see if this helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes