Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze isn't auto tracking my sleep.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife recently decided to upgrade both of our Fitbit devices to the Blaze. Mine arrived last Friday (March 18) and, after a quick stutter with synching the first time, it was set up and running. Nice look, nice features. However, I noticed the next morning that it had not properly logged my sleep overnight. It stopped tracking at 3:10 a.m. Just a glitch, I decided, and thought no more of it until I woke up Sunday morning and found no sleep logged for Saturday night. This repeated on Monday morning.

In an effort to solve the problem I have reset the device (along with turning the HR monitor off and back on, with the necessary syncs), and experienced partial success. Last night my sleep was tracked accurately until 3:27 a.m., after which there is no further sleep logged. I have searched this forum for a solution but haven't found anything that has been of use.

If it's of any consequence, my previous tracker was the Flex, and I am syncing to a Galaxy Note 4. I'm still running Lollipop, as AT&T hasn't rolled out the Marshmallow update yet.

The box said "Requires Windows 7 or better", so I installed Linux!
Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42
Thanks! Found the setting within my app (iPhone SE). I'll hopefully have
nothing more to report.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm glad you were able to find the settings and it's all now working! 😄

If you need anything else in the future, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help! Why am I having problems with my Blaze sleeping mode?  Out of seven nights sleeping  two were correct....please can you recheck and fix?  I also enjoyed the hourly reminder on my Alta, is there a chance this could be put in the Blaze..  I do love the Fitbit, I just want it to work!

thanks,

Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Upyours. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry that the sleep tracking feature is not working correctly on your Blaze. When you say that five nights were not correct, what do you exactly mean with this? How are they not correct?

Maybe restarting your tracker could help. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. Keep an eye on it for the next couple of nights and see how it goes.

Now, for the hourly reminder to move, this should be working on your Blaze as well. On the Fitbit app, are you able to see tile that says how many hours you've been active out of the total hours of your goal?

If you have more questions or need more help, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update my tracker isn’t logging sleep nor is it showing heart rate on my display. I’ve tried resetting it using the right and lower left buttons and also switched sleep tracking sensitivity. Please advise next step.  Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit Blaze stopped monitoring sleep (after working correct for two weeks), exactly what do I do?

@ChristopherF wrote:

I just bought my Blaze and anxiously checked the app this morning to see how I slept...unfortunately I was surprised to see nothing recorded during the night.  I'll switch the sensitivity and provide an update tomorrow morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze has been tracking sleep for months but stopped working. Reset watch as suggested, changed to sensitive tracking, still no success. Please advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi since i updated my blaze app the blaze has not recorded my sleep and it wont take in or pass information to my fitness Pall either is there anyway to roll back this update or anyway i can get my app working properly again so it tracks my sleep etc.  I have rebooted both my blaze and my phone reinstalled the apps and changed all the settings yet nothing works. Apart from the sleep and the information sharing it works correctly

Best Answer
0 Votes

There might be a way to load a former version. but without knowing the operating system on your phone, we will not be able to help. 

My first thought. How long ago does the Fitbit app say the last time the tracker synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I have an IPhone X it syncs fine with the app but won’t read my sleep or import data from My Fitness Pal.

Many regards

Craig

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the MFP information post, only data that will sync from MFP is Food .Activities. an Weight. Is any of it being sent over? 

As for sleep, this is calculated in the cloud after the first sync that happens after the user wakes up. How long ago did the last sync occur? And how long ago did you wake up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

No data at all passes between My Fitness Pal or Fitbit.

The last time I got sleep data was when I synced on Monday last week nothing since regardless of how many times I sync the device or my App, I have tried to shutdown both the blaze the phone and reboot the software as well but to no avail.

Many regards

Crags

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll ask for a third time, look at the Fitbit app, tap on the picture of your tracker. 

On the next page there will be a notice of when the last sync of the tracker occurred. 

How long ago did your Blaze last sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Cragg, good to see you in the Forums!

When it comes to the issue with your tracker not receiving information from MFP, I don't know of any known issue that would be preventing info from MFP to be sent over to Fitbit, so you could try unlinking your MFP account from your Fitbit account. You can do this by  going to your Fitbit account online (not the app) and then, click on the gear icon at the top right corner. Here, click on Settings, then, on the column that is at the left side, click on Applications and here, look for MFP. Click on the "Revoke access" button and then, link both accounts again from MFP. Hopefully it will take care of this issue.

Now, about your sleep not being recorded, I'd like to know if it does show your sleep logs but with basic sleep information (Sleep patterns) or if it doesn't show any sleep at all.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try and disconnect my Fitbit from the MFP like you said and get back to you.

With regarding the sleep it shows nothing at all after syncing, I have tried to change every setting one at a time then all together but to no avail, its like its not working at all but everything else is working except the MFP.

Many thanks in advance.

Craig

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi there @Cragg, good to see you in the Forums!

When it comes to the issue with your tracker not receiving information from MFP, I don't know of any known issue that would be preventing info from MFP to be sent over to Fitbit, so you could try unlinking your MFP account from your Fitbit account. You can do this by  going to your Fitbit account online (not the app) and then, click on the gear icon at the top right corner. Here, click on Settings, then, on the column that is at the left side, click on Applications and here, look for MFP. Click on the "Revoke access" button and then, link both accounts again from MFP. Hopefully it will take care of this issue.

Now, about your sleep not being recorded, I'd like to know if it does show your sleep logs but with basic sleep information (Sleep patterns) or if it doesn't show any sleep at all.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Cragg 🙂

Sounds great! Let me know how disconnecting and reconnecting your Fitbit and MFP accounts goes!

Now, about your sleep not showing up at all, there are a couple of things I would recommend:

-Attempt to manually sync your tracker once you wake up. For this, do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap your device tile. 
  3. Tap Sync Now.

-Attempt to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

-Try sleeping wearing your tracker on your non-dominant hand.

-In the case the instructions above don't work, in the meantime, please, manually log your sleep to reflect the time slept and keep record of it.

Hope that helps. Please, let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I tried all of the steps you described neither the sync with MFP or the sleep has changed still nothing from either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Cragg and thanks for taking the time to try that out!

About the issue with MFP, I'd then recommend getting in touch with MFP for them to see if there's anything on their end as I'm not aware of any ongoing problem on our end with users having both accounts linked together. Let me know if they're able to get this fixed or tell you what what could be going on.

Now, about the sleep stages not being recorded, that's very strange as we've tried everything that is available for it to work 😕 You should at least be getting the simplified sleep patterns.

I have one more question, are you able to see your heart rate on your tracker and are the green lights flashing on the back of it? If not, that could be the reason why your tracker is not recording your sleep. Heart rate is necessary to determine sleep stages and sleep in general, so if by any chance you have turned off your heart rate monitor or if you're having problems seeing your heart rate, that could be a reason why your sleep is not being recorded, so please let me know how is your heart rate working on your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes